That's what everyone else wants to know!
I tried to top up my aurora position and I found out that I couldnt, IG didnt even bother to give me a prior warning of their decision to discontinue this stock. Common sense and respect for the investor would normally ensure that IG investors who hold these shares would be notified!
At present IG is reviewing their decision whether to continue with cannibis and such related stocks.
The only explanation they can give is that quote "because of the political landscape around them" to start with quite strange english and a very poor vague response. When requesting to transfer my stocks to another broker this option is refused. At present we cannot buy or transfer just sell,while this matter is resolved. IG have their investors over a barrel until this matter is resolved. No deadline for a decision has been announced. Meanwhile position holders will get tired of waiting and will be forced to sell to close their positions without knowing the real reason for not wanting to deal these shares.If IG doesnt approve of can stocks then simple allow people to transfer them to other brokers who want to deal these stocks. I dont see how this would disadvantage IG. I feel sorry for stock holders who bought cheap, this would be wiped out if you are forced to sell.