Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dividend Adjustments 07 May - 11 May

[ Edited ]

Please see the expected dividend adjustment figures for a number of our major indices for the week commencing 07th May 2018, where the Special Divs are highlighted in orange. If you have any queries or questions on this please let us know in the comments section below. For further information regarding dividend adjustments, and how they affect  your positions, please take a look at the video. 

Feel free to check out other sections on the IG Community:

0507.PNG

How do dividend adjustments work?

As you know, constituent stocks of an index will periodically pay dividends to shareholders. When they do, the overall value of the index is effected, causing it to drop by a certain amount. Each week, we receive the forecast for the number of points any index is due to drop by, and we publish this for you. As dividends are scheduled, public events, it is important to remember that leveraged index traders can neither profit nor lose from such price movements.

This information has been prepared by IG, a trading name of IG Markets Limited. In addition to the disclaimer below, the material on this page does not contain a record of our trading prices, or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instrument. IG accepts no responsibility for any use that may be made of these comments and for any consequences that result. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of this information. Consequently any person acting on it does so entirely at their own risk. Any research provided does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any specific person who may receive it. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such is considered to be a marketing communication. Although we are not specifically constrained from dealing ahead of our recommendations we do not seek to take advantage of them before they are provided to our clients. See full non-independent research disclaimer and quarterly summary.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Dividend Adjustments 07 May - 11 May

Hi, how come the dividend adjustment to my IG trading account always different from this list?
Occasional Contributor

Can you please help to check? to avoid any manipulation on your ckient’s account, hope to help from you soon
Occasional Contributor

Can you please help to check? to avoid any manipulation on your client’s account, hope to hear from you soon
Community Manager

hi @bcck1234 - which index are you referring to and on what day, and I can look into this for you?

Occasional Contributor

Hi

Is there special FTSE dividend today? If so what is the special dividend value please?

thank you

Community Manager

It's expected that there will be a special div of 0.14 on the FTSE today, so you need to take that off the number quoted above. 

Occasional Contributor

thank you

is it possible to include special dividend figures with the normal figures going forward?

thanks

Community Manager

@MAKTRADER6970 wrote:

thank you

is it possible to include special dividend figures with the normal figures going forward?

thanks

absolutely @MAKTRADER6970 - it's a bit of extra work, but we will look to include. Smiley Happy 

Occasional Contributor

thank you Smiley Happy

DDR
New Contributor

Hi,

Is the Australia200 dividend still going to be 12.5 pts today ?

I can't see why when there is only one small stock going ex-div

Tamawood LTD .11 cents

If it still is going to be 12.5 pts can you help me understand why it is so large in reference to said stock.

Thank you

New Contributor

anyone going to answer about the adjustment today?

DDR
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

After calling IG I found that the div adj shown for today reflects the stocks going ex-div for Monday so one day in advance, the alternative is to make the adjustment on the Monday morning but that would not alert us properly as traders.

Regular Contributor

Yeh so index adjustments are made after the close of that market. Makes sense really as the only other option would be the morning of the div when the market itself takes out (prices in) that move, but who wants to be dicking around with all that price gapping and large candlestick movements on the opening bell...? Not me!
Occasional Visitor

that's a good question, and not only today.

Regular Contributor

Sorry what question @stevenq
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi James, STI Index... my account was deducted for 17 index points per Sell contract on 7 May 2018, which is not in the dividend adjustments list of 7 - 11 May...apreciate if you could kindly enlighten me

Occasional Contributor

Hi James, any updates?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @bcck1234 thanks for your message. 

Just checked with the desk and it turns out there was an adjustment on that day specifically for 3.4 which relates to your account. Apologies that we missed this, however please note that it is cash neutral and therefore doesn't have an effect on your account balance (i.e. your profits on the open position would have gone up by the exact same value.) 

In the future we are looking to automate this action, but at present it is manual.