Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Dividend Adjustments 14 - 18 August

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Please see the expected dividend adjustments figures for a number of our major indices for the week commencing 14 August 2017:

divs.JPG

For more information on dividend adjustments, please take a look at our answers from the trading floor. 

Thanks,

Hannah

This information has been prepared by IG, a trading name of IG Markets Limited. In addition to the disclaimer below, the material on this page does not contain a record of our trading prices, or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instrument. IG accepts no responsibility for any use that may be made of these comments and for any consequences that result. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of this information. Consequently any person acting on it does so entirely at their own risk. Any research provided does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any specific person who may receive it. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such is considered to be a marketing communication. Although we are not specifically constrained from dealing ahead of our recommendations we do not seek to take advantage of them before they are provided to our clients. See full non-independent research disclaimer and quarterly summary.

Have a question? Try searching the community to see if it has already been answered.
New Contributor

Re: Dividend Adjustments 14 - 18 August

Hi

Can you please provide details behind Dow adjustment of 21.37 On Tuesday. What companies are paying dividends and how much?

Thanks

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hi @blahblahtrader,

It's recently been confirmed that MMM (3M Co) have postponed their dividend by a week, so the dividend adjustment has been reduced to 13.3 points.  Apologies for any confusion, this is not something that is in IG's control, but we have amended any adjustments and our prices accordingly.

Thanks,

Hannah

Have a question? Try searching the community to see if it has already been answered.
New Contributor

Has this been reflected in trading accounts dividend adjustments?

New Contributor

I can see that 21.37 points adjusted from my CFD account yesterday but no further adjustment on MMM.

New Contributor

Hi hannahL. Im a new account holder n would like to chk where you found the info on the correction. I just saw on my account of a correction of $8 equiv of 8 pts on my 1 contract wall st sgd (sell position) but your info is 13.3 pts. Is there some thing im missing? Tks.
Community Manager

Hi @Yk1970,

That's right - the dividend has been reduced by 8 points to 13.3 points, so the amendment you see is correct.

Thanks,

Hannah

New Contributor

IMG_0843.PNG

Saw your correction 'reduce by' to 'reduce to' 16min ago. That clarifies. Hope this doesn't happen again cos it means a whole lot to buyers and sellers. 'Reduce by' means seller expects 13.3 in return else i should be shortchanged. Btw where can i find such official announcements?