Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Visitor

Re: Give your feedback on IG's new web trading platform

The new platform was not built by traders.  It was built by the IT dept. 1)Having all white background, all professional platforms (Bloomberg, Fidessa are black) its easier on the eye. 2) Twitter feed where you cant add your follows. Is not twitter. 3)Price change colours stay continually blue or red with only the arrow indicating a movement.  Its tiny and you cannot judge the movement. 

Come on IG you can do better.  Just use other trading platforms or get a focus group of active traders to give feed back.  

Hi @shafai888

You can do this via My IG, which will be open in a separate tab. You see this option under Live Accounts > Currency Conversion.

Let me know if there's other features you're look for and I'll be happy to help.

Anton

shafai888 wrote:

How do i convert FX majors from list to pairs as you could on the old platform?

Looks like too many things have been overlooked on this "new web trading platform".

Occasional Contributor

.. great to see the new platform and changes/improvements being implemented quickly by the IG team...

l would like to see a 'delete all drawings' as an option in the 'Drawings' option...

Delete all drawing is also missing in the IG app version...

New Contributor

IMO the things that need addressing are:

1. The modern trend of using light grey font is getting boring! It renders parts of the platform almost unreadable. Also, most trading platforms now have the dark background option available. Take a look at LCG dark option to see how it should be done.

2. Changes to chart time range along the x axis are not saved when logging out.

3. The flashing up/down arrows on the sell/buy values are not clear enough. They should be block flashes as in the old platform.

4. Scrolling through the equity lists is cumbersome and slow in the extreme. The equities should be listed by drop-down initial letter menus again, as in the old system. 

5. Doing away with tear-off deal tickets etc is a massive step backwards. Please re-introduce them as soon as possible.

6. Open positions need a net profit as well as a gross profit column available.

Here's hoping you implement these and other changes mentioned on this forum in the no too distant future! Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

Cant realy get on with the new platform at all!! ...

Occasional Contributor

any updates ?

Occasional Contributor

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 07.54.32.png

BUG:

I have draw green line on daily chart but it doesn't appear on 5 min

Established Member

I can't stand the new platform for so many reasons I do not have the time to list them all.

If IG ever get rid of the option of using the "classic platform" then they get rid of me as a customer.

Hi @DMAmarkets1

We have received quite a few requests for a dark theme on the platform, I am happy to tell you that the dark theme is now available on the new platform and can be accessed by going into settings as show in the screenshot below:

dark theme 2.PNG

Please let me know if you prefer this layout or if you have any more suggestions on how to improve your experience.

Thanks

Anton

Hi @shafai888

Currently there is no plan to include a "pairs view" on the New Web Trading Platform as this function is included by trading from a Watchlist. As an example I added a couple of FX pairs to my Forex Watchlist as shown below in the screenshot. By clicking on buy or sell you would be able to place trades from the Watchlist.

If you feel that some of the functionality of the "pairs view" is lost by trading from the watchlist then please let me know, we are open to any suggestions on how to make this feature better.

forex.PNG

Thanks

Anton

Hi @coolebenji

Thank you for the suggestion, a delete all objects button would definitely save time by not having to delete your drawings one by one.

I will be sure to pass this onto the development team.

Thanks

Anton

Hi @sumash

1: We have included a dark version on the New Web Trading Platform, you can enable it from the settings menu, please let me know what you think of the new colours.

2: I will speak to our developers in regards to the ability to save a specific view on the chart so you would not have to scroll back every time you re open the chart.

3: With the dark platform allot of the flashes appear to be clearer now, please try it out and let me know if this is still not clear enough.

4: A fast way to find an equity on the New Web Trading Platform would be to type in the name of the share you are looking for using the search for a market field. If you feel that it is easier for you to find shares by using the alphabetic system from the classic platform then I will pass your feedback onto our developers to consider as an alternative.

5: We have had quite a few requests for tear of deal tickets to go along with tear of charts, this feature is currently being considered. As a workaround you can resize the tear off chart to hide the chart and only display the deal ticket. The developers are currently working on a market widget ticket which you would be able to tear off.

6: The Idea of having a net and gross profit column could prove useful, I will send your request onto the developers.

If you come up with any new ideas then please let me know as we are happy to take any suggestions into consideration.

Thanks

Anton

Hi @tradermonty

I am sorry to hear that you are not enjoying the new platform. If you have any ideas on how we could improve the platform then please let us know.

Thanks

Anton

Hi @Lucifer

The drawing is there but due to using fixed points it might be quite far our of view, you would find that by scrolling up or down you would come across the line. A workaround for this would be to draw the line on the smaller timeframe which you would then also be able to view on the larger timeframe.

5 minute.PNGdaily.PNG

Thanks

Anton

New Contributor

Thanks Anton for your feedback.

1. The dark option is an improvement - a great solution would be to have an option to
customise the background colour. The perfect solution would be have the option to customise all
of the platform colours.

2. Thanks

3. Agree, the flashes are a lot clearer, but if you are looking at a different part of your
workspace, they are still not perfect. A block flash would overcome this.

4. The drop-down menus of alphabetical equities is a terrific feature of the classic platform and
is particulary useful if you do not know the EPIC code or the spelling of the instrument you are
looking for, so, yes, please pass this request on to the developers.

5&6 Thanks

sumash

Occasional Contributor

my example was on split window with 2 different timeframes Smiley Wink...my point was that both windows act like one(i think that the whole page has to be refresh)

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 11.16.14.png

mbs
New Contributor

Is there going to be an option to turn off the Sunday data? The reason for this is that it completely distorts the pivot points for the Monday. The pivot point values on a Monday should be a derived from Fridays session.Thanks

Hi @Caseynotes,

Thanks for the response, could you let me know which missing fields do you need and how do you use that information? Our designers are working on this!

Respected Contributor

Hi @RaoulS . On the new PRT platform I haven't found anything missing, just relocated.

One snag I have found is that right clicking on the chart does not bring up shortcut list if in trailing stop mode (get a warning about trailing stop attachments instead), the shortcut list does come up if in normal stop mode.

Was hoping for some level 2 data in the order book as per help manual (top pic), I know IG has level 2 on CFD accounts but not SB so not really surprised to find no orders in the lists.

I did find 'executed' column which I don't remember seeing before (bottom pic).

I haven't looked at the auto trading systems, I know others were keen to see that section updated.

order book.PNGorder book 3.PNG

*** Intraday Price Action Scalping on FX Majors ***
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,ig2.png

I have been trying to get used to the new platform but in the end I always go back to the old one,

I am certainly not a big trader by any means but I do have a few comments about the new platform,

I would like to be able to float a chart away from the IG platform so I could have it open on my desktop or so I could have it open while I am working on another program...

( I was able to do this on the old platform but have not found a way to do it on the new... there is an option on the top right of the charts to open and float in new window )

I would like to be able to switch of or hide the crosshairs on the charts and also the box grid.. I find these very very distracting,

especially the crosshairs because they constantly leave a ghost shadow of where they have been and its very annoying,

( Maybe there is a way but I have not found it yet.. )

I am using windows 10... firefox and its a good new high end computer but I still get the ghost shadows of the crosshairs on the charts

I will try and attach a screen shot...

I do like the dark layout option though.... thats very good

( Quick update.... I have found a way to open a chart and float it in a new window... just click the little arrow next to GBP/USD etc and it gives you that option.. I still cant hide those crosshairs though or the grid.. )

When putting a query in search window, in the old platform the query did remain and had to delete, but in the new platform the query vanishes. Has anybody notice this. Is there any way to fix it so that the query remains in the search box, unless and until it is removed.

Hi @ichunara

I tested what you had mentioned regarding  the new platform but if I type a name in the search window such as FTSE it will bring up search results, I can then minimize the search window and bring up a chart without the word FTSE disappearing from the search box. I am not sure if this is what you had meant in your comment? If you had meant something different then please feel free to give us a call or send us an e-mail to helpdesk.uk@ig.com so we can investigate it for you further.

Thanks

Anton

IG3
New Contributor

RaoulS

Like others once the classic platform is gone so am I. My advice is leave it running side by side, if you dont from what I have seen you will be loosing customers. There is nothing wrong with the classic platform it is as it says classic! The new one is just shocking.

Kind Regards

Occasional Contributor

Hello

Hi @coolebenji

Thank you for bringing the volume issue to our attention I will investigate the last bar with our technical team and then get back to you with what we find.

I will add your feedback in terms of having the ability to lock drawings on a chart along with the ability to add drawings on the volume indicator.

The matter of closing multiple positions  at the same time would also be a good addition so I will definitely forward it onto our developers for consideration.

Thanks

Anton

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply @AntonL,

one thing l have been more aware of in the last couple of days is the accuracy of selecting drawn lines. l have notices that selecting a drawn line the pointer has got quite a high region to select the line, please see screenshot, and this can be problematic when horizontal line cross trend line and could be part of the reason fib tables are prone to move.

Best regards 

Ben

001.JPG

Hi @coolebenji

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, I see what you mean by there being a large drawing movement area as sometimes you would click on a blank space away from the drawing but you still end up dragging the drawing. I will mention this to our developers as there might be a way of narrowing the movement space closer to the visual lines itself to avoid the confusion and mistakes mentioned above.

Thanks

Anton

Regular Visitor

Really wish the  chart did not open when placing an order as it obscures the basic screen which I am monitoring. (using Prorealtime  anyway)  Also why do I have to open the chart to check on news for a stock. This button should be placed back on the trading order line. IMHO

Occasional Visitor

Hi,

any update about adding and changing twitter feeds, pls?

Visitor

Can you please add Sprint Markets to the New platform, it will be very disappointing to see them not added!

I prefer the Classic Platform - far better and more slick!

The Classic Platform is like Formula 1 compared to the New platform Formula 4

Hi @Adge115

We've recently added standalone tickets to the new platform, so you can open them without charts. Instructions are in the release post here.

Let me know what you think.

Anton

I cannot get the new web platform tomwork on my Surface Pro. I have tried using Edge and Chrome. 

I have also checked to see if the block pop ups is on and it is not.

So still using the classic version sadly

HELEB

Hi @Hedwards42

Can you please confirm if your surface pro is a tablet or laptop? Our web platform does not work on mobile devices such as the Android tablet or I-Pad, for this reason we have an IG app available that you can download from the app store or play-store depending on the device you have.

If it is a laptop then it should be working but in order to properly investigate we would need some more details on the error you get. If you would like a more immediate response then please send us a mail to helpdesk.uk@ig.com, if possible send us a screenshot of the error so we can get a batter idea of what the problem is.

Thanks

Anton

Occasional Contributor

I have already mentioned a few things to IG but not publcally so here goes

Firstly , as usual I hate it when things are changed nowadays apparently for the sake of it when what you had was working very well, its progress we,re led to believe

I dont use IG charts on the platform as such as I prefer independant mt4 ones( IG) competely separate tab

My issues 

1) One click dealing theres no immediate facility  to place a stop before buying/selling surely a major ommission!!! a box with initial stop set at platform min would be ideal (points away not price based)

2) At a glance before, you knew what the spread was as it appeared between the buy/sell price in the deal ticket window now theres nothing

3)I deal from my watchlist and used to have the deal tickets with open positions superimposed on the watchlist window so I could either close out or open a new position very easily from the same "window" its not as easy now

3) I trade from my watchlist

Hi @yorkshire

Your first point is useful feedback as it is something that you currently cannot do without a deal ticket (set stop/limit), The spread is still displayed below the buy/sell button at the bottom of the deal ticket:

tear off ticket.PNG

A fast you way can open a ticket from your watchlist is to right click on the instrument name and then select the option for "open ticket", this will open up a deal ticket similar to what you used to have on the classic platform.

Thanks

Anton

Occasional Contributor

if you,re on 1 click dealing though there is no spread shown and once in position tab theres no spread shown either

basically 1 click dealing should have all the facilities that were available in the old dealing ticket that you can preset so that all thats left to do is press BUY/SELL

You dont want to have to set parameters afterwards now you have to mentally work out say a 6 pip stop as a price in your head rather than just click 6 pips

Occasional Contributor

I can post a screenshot but is there the facility to attach a file here?

Respected Contributor

Hi @yorkshire  Don't think so, I've not found a way. Seems restricted to web links, photos and videos. Probably due to viral infection concerns. 

*** Intraday Price Action Scalping on FX Majors ***

Occasional Contributor

Thankyou for adding the spread facility (option via the market column)

Ive sent this as an email to IG also but another useful addition would be to default the stop to the min for that market at the time,at the moment you have to click the arrows not knowing where the min distance is,to me aslo stop distance is better visually as a figure and not a price

I know there is the option to remember your last stop but if say the min stop distance is greater than that are you then stopped from dealing?

Visitor

what would make the platform infinitely more usable for me is being able to have a locked chart/deal ticket window that changes when you click on a different instrument in your watchlist. At the moment you can have different tabs set up, but it isnt really practical if you have loads of things you are watching. Being able to scroll through instruments with your mouse would be even nicer. This functionality is available on most other platforms so it's definitely something lots of people would like.

Also, maybe more importantly, dual (or more) monitor functionality needs to be improved massively, at the moment it's basically impossible, and I would guess that the majority of people who take their trading seriously have at least two monitors. If you are actually trying to develop a proper platform then this is a minimum requirement. otherwise there is pretty much no point developing this platform further as the only thing people will use it for is for entering trades, they will use other software for analysis. 

ZD
Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hello. 

How to do you change the width of a column in a watch list or a positions window? 

It's annoying as the names of the markets are truncated. 

Occasional Visitor

Hi all, 

We would love it if there was a bid and ask price line showed on the charts at the same time instead of one or the other so users can quickly visually see the spread etc. 

Hope this is a thing that can be quickly implemented Smiley Happy 

Hi @alexio

On the New Platform it is possible to use multiple monitors, if you right click on the instrument name then you have the option to open the chart/ticket in a new window, you can then move the new window to the desired monitor. You can also move your entire workspace to a new monitor.

I will send your suggestion to the developers in terms of having  a locked down chart window which can be used to view different instruments without having to create a new window.

If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the ability to use multiple monitors then please let me know, I will be happy to discuss your ideas with the developers.

Thanks

Anton 

Hi @ZD

At the moment that is not possible, I will send it in as feedback to our developers as it might be something worth considering, especially when it comes to some of the ETF names.

Thanks

Anton

Occasional Contributor

Hello @AntonL

can you explain this discrepancy? These two charts are of BT.a shows misleading values for volume, the first is the current bar and a misleading value, but refreshing the chart shows a brief picture of the true value before reverting to the misleading value. These pictures are difficult to capture and have both been taken at the same time today Sunday. I have tried to draw your attention to this before, it happens on desktop as well as mobile version, and on the old app format, it also happens on every instrument and on every timeframe. Please can you investigate?

This is the default chart showing a low misleading volume bar taken on a closed bar on Sunday:

This is is a refreshed chart which shows these values in a blink of an eye before reverting to the misleading value also taken on a Sunday on a closed bar:

Many thanks

Ben

Hi @coolebenji

This is an issue that we are aware of, the last candle appears as a correct value and then drops down, if you hover your mouse over the candle it will also briefly display the correct numerical value before dropping to a lower value.

Our developers are looking into the issue and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible, initially it looked like there might be a workaround by creating a tear off chart (open chart in new window) but it appears to have the same problem. The issue occurs on live and demo accounts so unfortunately it will affect all users.

Apologies for the error.

Thanks

Anton

Occasional Contributor

I agree fully with Yorkshire - I find the fact I would need to buy/sell then place deal worrying - WHY? Are IG hedging or worse?? Transparency is key, I shouldn't have to give my intention away! And as previously stated I did a simple side by side comparison of the classic and new on separate computers, and the new is visibly slower on execution - I urge all to not take my word for it and try for themselves whether live on small £ or demo.

One click should be that with targets & stops guaranteed or otherwise set before a one click FAST buy/sell - its staggeringly obvious?!?!

I'm not a fan of social media/forums/twitter/facebook but I will be a regular contributor on here,  till they force people onto the new platform without sorting the multitude of issues(how many pages and you have rolled this out live already), change the basic flaws or keep the classic for those who want it indefinitely.

See you all around........

Hi @Chrisblu1

Check out my post here which explains why we have a 'Place deal' button on the ticket: https://community.ig.com/t5/New-platform-feedback/Not-happy-at-all-with-new-platform/m-p/12817#M251 

Anton

Highlighted

I think any new platform has to offer as a minimum the same functionality as the old platform. Unfortunately on the reporting side this is not the case - the reports for Transaction and Activity dont provide the same level of detail. As I use these report formats for my record keeping I am unable to move over to the new platform. I import these records into Excel and so rely on the record format being the same. It would be great if the guys could fix this. Also it would be great if the Activity and Transaction reports could also include details of non DFB trades.

Kind Regards,

Robert