Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Visitor

Re: Give your feedback on IG's new web trading platform

what would make the platform infinitely more usable for me is being able to have a locked chart/deal ticket window that changes when you click on a different instrument in your watchlist. At the moment you can have different tabs set up, but it isnt really practical if you have loads of things you are watching. Being able to scroll through instruments with your mouse would be even nicer. This functionality is available on most other platforms so it's definitely something lots of people would like.

Also, maybe more importantly, dual (or more) monitor functionality needs to be improved massively, at the moment it's basically impossible, and I would guess that the majority of people who take their trading seriously have at least two monitors. If you are actually trying to develop a proper platform then this is a minimum requirement. otherwise there is pretty much no point developing this platform further as the only thing people will use it for is for entering trades, they will use other software for analysis. 

ZD
Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hello. 

How to do you change the width of a column in a watch list or a positions window? 

It's annoying as the names of the markets are truncated. 

Occasional Visitor

Hi all, 

We would love it if there was a bid and ask price line showed on the charts at the same time instead of one or the other so users can quickly visually see the spread etc. 

Hope this is a thing that can be quickly implemented Smiley Happy 

Hi @alexio

On the New Platform it is possible to use multiple monitors, if you right click on the instrument name then you have the option to open the chart/ticket in a new window, you can then move the new window to the desired monitor. You can also move your entire workspace to a new monitor.

I will send your suggestion to the developers in terms of having  a locked down chart window which can be used to view different instruments without having to create a new window.

If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the ability to use multiple monitors then please let me know, I will be happy to discuss your ideas with the developers.

Thanks

Anton 

Hi @ZD

At the moment that is not possible, I will send it in as feedback to our developers as it might be something worth considering, especially when it comes to some of the ETF names.

Thanks

Anton

Occasional Contributor

Hello @AntonL

can you explain this discrepancy? These two charts are of BT.a shows misleading values for volume, the first is the current bar and a misleading value, but refreshing the chart shows a brief picture of the true value before reverting to the misleading value. These pictures are difficult to capture and have both been taken at the same time today Sunday. I have tried to draw your attention to this before, it happens on desktop as well as mobile version, and on the old app format, it also happens on every instrument and on every timeframe. Please can you investigate?

This is the default chart showing a low misleading volume bar taken on a closed bar on Sunday:

This is is a refreshed chart which shows these values in a blink of an eye before reverting to the misleading value also taken on a Sunday on a closed bar:

Many thanks

Ben

Hi @coolebenji

This is an issue that we are aware of, the last candle appears as a correct value and then drops down, if you hover your mouse over the candle it will also briefly display the correct numerical value before dropping to a lower value.

Our developers are looking into the issue and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible, initially it looked like there might be a workaround by creating a tear off chart (open chart in new window) but it appears to have the same problem. The issue occurs on live and demo accounts so unfortunately it will affect all users.

Apologies for the error.

Thanks

Anton

Occasional Contributor

I agree fully with Yorkshire - I find the fact I would need to buy/sell then place deal worrying - WHY? Are IG hedging or worse?? Transparency is key, I shouldn't have to give my intention away! And as previously stated I did a simple side by side comparison of the classic and new on separate computers, and the new is visibly slower on execution - I urge all to not take my word for it and try for themselves whether live on small £ or demo.

One click should be that with targets & stops guaranteed or otherwise set before a one click FAST buy/sell - its staggeringly obvious?!?!

I'm not a fan of social media/forums/twitter/facebook but I will be a regular contributor on here,  till they force people onto the new platform without sorting the multitude of issues(how many pages and you have rolled this out live already), change the basic flaws or keep the classic for those who want it indefinitely.

See you all around........

Hi @Chrisblu1

Check out my post here which explains why we have a 'Place deal' button on the ticket: https://community.ig.com/t5/New-platform-feedback/Not-happy-at-all-with-new-platform/m-p/12817#M251 

Anton

Highlighted

I think any new platform has to offer as a minimum the same functionality as the old platform. Unfortunately on the reporting side this is not the case - the reports for Transaction and Activity dont provide the same level of detail. As I use these report formats for my record keeping I am unable to move over to the new platform. I import these records into Excel and so rely on the record format being the same. It would be great if the guys could fix this. Also it would be great if the Activity and Transaction reports could also include details of non DFB trades.

Kind Regards,

Robert