Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Re: Give your feedback on IG's new web trading platform

Anton,

If you had it as a preference then its really no issue is it. Instead you want people to buy/sell then place deal like no other reputable brokers, or one click which is saved from the last trade which has zero to do with this trade - as its my money at risk why is it not possible to have old deal tickets????? Just because you have a explanation doesn't make it correct  for the clients who are the ones using it.

I hope people are not trading this live with the ongoing issues you have. This is no upgrade in speed or simplicity - it is more buggy, complicated and slower by reading all the comments. Coke tried changing the recipe a few years ago, and I really hope the end result will be the same - keep the classic for those that don't want your offering, unless the new starts to a be a true upgrade which it most certainly is not.

It will come down to a choice, and  if the classic goes then after + 10 years looks like I will have to which will be a shame - but I will fight this corner for certain - So a regular contributor I will be...................

New Contributor

Does anyone at IG actually try out the new platform? I've just tried it again after rejecting it as rubbish a few weeks ago thinking that it must be okay by now - I'm obviously too much of an optimist.

I use Chrome on Windows 10 and the font used on the new platform doesn't display clearly, the classic platform is fine. For this reason alone I find the new unusable - I don't want eye strain thank you very much.

Like many others have said here, if I have to use the new platform to use IG then I will have to find an alternative to IG and take my money with me.

As someone who was in IT I recognise this scenario as all too common - IT departments thinking that they know what the customer wants better than the customer and management being unaware of the situation. Perhaps we could have someone from PR reply to these critical posts?

Geoff

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree Geoff,

I have done the same a few times and it is literally as soon as I click around a bit I lose faith - sorry IG but it is true. Maybe if the IT people put in their own money and traded they may understand. I have seen a few platform upgrades, Ninja trader 8 being the most recent to affect me, but they took years & rolled out numerous beta BUT kept 7 for those who didn't(8 is far superior by the way).

I think if they answer once they think everything will go away, but the answers are pretty much zero to do with the real issues which are highlighted throughout the forum. Really important to get this right or people will leave I'm sure of it.........

Charts are BLANK - actually showed once only several days ago. HP Pavillion laptop running windows 10 !

Shameful Heard TalkTalk users OR SKY having problems ........... sounds crazy - But can it be true & how on earth can I get round the problem ?

New Contributor

I'm afraid my experience has remained terrible throughout the development of the new platform. It takes me between 30 and 60 seconds to set up an order ticket. That of course renders trading in a fast market simply impossible. I am constantly alerted by firefox to unresponsive scripts running on the page.

The classic platform suffers from no problems at all, I can set up and place an order or modify it in seconds. I'm lodging a request again to please keep both the classic and the new platform running in tandem.

Occasional Contributor

Exactly - the classic suffers from none of these problems but the new all singing all dancing does - and the IG excuse will be your browser cache, internet speed this that or the other but never the actual issue - all the rubbish added that most don't want or need.

New Contributor

It's worth mentioning for anyone who's been having trouble. I tried accessing the new platform with Chrome, rather than Firefox, which makes it much more usable.
New Contributor

I take it you're using windozzzze, just a tip, if you want to up your response time significantly, change your operating system linux mint is a doddle to use & way less overhead consuming resources ....

the lag on the new platform is still there compared to the classic (the better of the 2! lol )...but barely noticable

Occasional Contributor

Thanks chaos, but I think it is up to IG to sort it, not form me to change OS. To be honest I've looking around and there are client friendly spread brokers with smaller spreads/free guaranteed positions etc etc and less confrontational style as IG seem to have this year.

IG will be relegated from 3rd to 4th for me - good luck to everyone think you will need it if this is the standard/benchmark IG are holding themselves too. Thought it was worth seeing if they would change their approach, but a few days of research and demos elsewhere has proved they ain't worth the hassle.

New Contributor

That's cool chris ..what I was on about was reducing the built-in lag in windoze as the os itself requires a large slice of your memory & bandwidth, this has a knock-on effect in trading platforms ....worst is in MT platforms.....

I'm disappointed as a customer of IG markets. I don't feel any important or signficant as a customer to IG markets. Customer service manager don't even attend or respond to me promptly when i asked for call back from customer service manager. Felt horrible at service standard of IG, being a big company and reputable broker.
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hi @Trader1983 - I'm sorry that you haven't received the high level of customer service and support which IG offers. I have asked one of our more senior Sales Traders in our Singaporean client services team to give you a call as soon as possible.

EDIT: He has confirmed that he will try and call immediately. 

Visitor

I would like to see following info

1. Daily list major risers and fallers tabs to trade with.

2. A pdf summary of shares like,you see on digitallook.com

3. Brokers views

4. Institutional share dealing. I used to see this many years ago,on one of the similar website like digitallook.com. You were able,to see historical share holding in a spreadsheet format of each major institution with how many they bought and sold.

5. I use iPad for trading and I find that when I click on any news, it does not display full page on the screen and it is difficult to read, even with expanding to full screen. Please fix this ASAP.

Hi @Silver55

From your post you say that you use the I-pad so you would be using the IOS app not the new web platform. On the new web trading platform we do offer allot of the features you are looking for. 

We have a section called signals from where you can get views from PIA and Autochartist, you would also have access to a twitter newsfeed section.

Due to the size limitations on mobile devices some of the features are not available on the app, I will however send your feedback to our developers to see if there is a better way to display news articles.

You can find a list of shares on our website by using this link (you can download the sheets in XLS or PDF format):

Spreadbet

Sharedealing

CFD

Thanks

Anton

I think the new platform is incredible and I have used them all. But I have just found something really obvious that should be there and yet I cannot see it. A candle timer countdown clock. I want to be able to see how many seconds/minutes/hours there are before a candle moves on. Where is this setting? To know what a stock is doing just before it moves on is essential when predicting a stock move and making a trade.

Community Manager

blakk wrote:

I think the new platform is incredible and I have used them all. But I have just found something really obvious that should be there and yet I cannot see it. A candle timer countdown clock. I want to be able to see how many seconds/minutes/hours there are before a candle moves on. Where is this setting? To know what a stock is doing just before it moves on is essential when predicting a stock move and making a trade.

hi @blakk - thanks for your feedback on the new web trading platform. Currently we do not have this requested functionality however I shall pass this onto our dev team and make sure the project manager in charge of the new web trading platform is aware. We periodically collate all feedback and if there has been sufficient demand we look into getting the functionality online. I shall keep an eye out and let you know if I hear anything. 

Respected Contributor

@JamesIG & @blakk   Just like to add my voice to this request, the countdown timer is essential for anyone trading on an intra-day basis. Knowing exactly when your prospective signal bar closes so therefore when and where your prospective entry bar opens is key to trading chart structure and price action patterns. 

PS, there are some good free download timers (just google 'countdown timers free download') but a bit of a long winded solution while waiting for the platform add-on. 

*** Intraday Price Action Scalping on FX Majors ***
New Contributor

No amount of tweaking can fix this poorl;y thought out platform - tio my mind- it is a disaster and also hurtful to the eyee.  Whoever thought up the blinking red dots really nees re-educating.or have their bonuses takes awat.  I really have tried to use it but there is no way I would ever use it on a permanent basis as it is just too, too poorly designed.  I think IG have let themselves down with this new platform.

Community Manager

hey @Medusa123 - thanks for your feedback. I shall be collating all feedback from clients, however it maybe useful for your specific concerns to be posed in the 'feedback' section of the new web trading platform. You'll be able to see that option as shown below, and although I'll make sure to voice your concerns it can sometimes be better for each client to submit directly to the Devs. This way there is nothing 'lost in translation' (as well as it sometimes being more powerful to come directly from the client). 

2017-11-20 10_32_11-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Occasional Contributor

Hey Medusa,

agree with your observations - a lot of bells and whistles that are not needed. Most should be a preference in my opinion, and I would be happy to try a "lite" version that has basic search and execution similar to the "classic" now called the "old" platform. People are not criticizing  for the sake of it, its because its our money at stake here and should make the people that use it confident. I have little confidence nor faith in the offering so far. 

Hope this changes soon.........

Visitor

Why is it that when things are "New and improved" they might be new but are never improved?  I loathe the new platform layout, much prefer the old one, so  please, please, please if you insist on having the new platform, force new customers on to it if you must, but permanently allow existing customers to use the old platform if they wish.

When/if I am forced to move to the new platform I will be moving to a new company.

Occasional Contributor

Hope you get "contributor of the month" for this post!!

Occasional Visitor

[ Edited ]

Totally agree with the post of Andrew_Faline as it echos my sentiments exactly. Can't and won't use the new platform. If the old platform disappears so will I.

New Contributor

As a technical trader the new platform is amazing.  The charting package is really good, and has already got me migrating from tradingview.  A couple of suggestions for improvement:

- My indicator of choice is a MACD 4C, which is the MACD signal line displayed as a histogram.  There are currently options for line type, it would be great if histogram was an option too.

- I find that the indicators have a lot of 'headroom'.  I'd like it if the indicators could be stretched up and down to fill in more of the space, additionally if that could also be adjusted manually but sliding the mouse up and down on the right hand side of the chart (like you can do for the main chart) that would be handy too.

- Rearranging the order of workspaces.  Currently there is no way to move them.

Thanks guys, good work.

New Contributor

The new trading platform Is not as good as the old trading platform!
New Contributor

Where are the indicators alerts In the new trading platform?
New Contributor

Occasional Visitor

IG team, it would be of massive benefit if you added a feature to allow you to see the Maximum Adverse Excursion (MAE) of your open positions, this would be of huge in calculating stop levels and adjusting your overall risk exposure. I'm sure this would be easy to code into the platform with a simple column available to turn on/off displaying against your open positions. The column would simply show the total distance the position has gone against you from your entry level in percentage terms. When a new low has been hit this figure would adjust and remained at that level unless the position subsequently moved further from the entry level.

Community Manager

RGOD wrote:

IG team, it would be of massive benefit if you added a feature to allow you to see the Maximum Adverse Excursion (MAE) of your open positions, this would be of huge in calculating stop levels and adjusting your overall risk exposure. I'm sure this would be easy to code into the platform with a simple column available to turn on/off displaying against your open positions. The column would simply show the total distance the position has gone against you from your entry level in percentage terms. When a new low has been hit this figure would adjust and remained at that level unless the position subsequently moved further from the entry level.

Thanks for your feedback - I'll certainly include this in the end of month report which gets sent directly to the developers and project managers in charge of the web trading platform.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,

Does anyone knows, when the final rollout of the new platform will be available? Yesterday, it just disappeared from My IG, only old one is available.

Thank you in advance for any hints. Love the new platform, and miss it Smiley Happy

Ivan

Community Manager

Hi @catvs - It certainly shouldn't have disappeared. Please can you try on a different web browser and if you are still having issues please post a screenshot of what you are seeing and I'll be able to investigate further. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, James,

Thank you for your help in advance. I have already asked support and they told me that for me region (Ukraine) the new platform was disabled till the final rollout.

Don't know the reason, as before that I have been using it for a couple of months or even more.

But before that, I have tried everything, almost up to reinstalling windows on my laptop Smiley Happy

Here is the screenshot by the way.

Many thanks in adnace,

Ivan

IG screenshot.JPG

Community Manager

@catvs - thanks very much for the screenshot, and apologies that you are having this issue. I have just spoken with our incident team and they are looking at getting this resolved as quickly as possible, and this should be sorted by later today. All the best. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JamesIG, cool, that's would be great! Many thanks for your help, James!

@JamesIG, upd, just checked - it's back! Thank you so much!

Wish you a great day!

Ivan

Vox
Occasional Contributor

Hi Guys,

@RaoulS@JamesIG

If find it quite frustrating when editing a drawing (such as trend lines, fibs etc) that the default setting is "Save Settings" which I invariably have to "untick" every single time.

Once I have saved my default settings and drawn something on the chart, if I want to amend that drawing it is clearly for a "one off" reason in my mind.

However, If then I wanted to then save these settings as my "new default settings" I would be quite happy to tick the box.

"Unticking" this box nearly every time I use the drawing tool is sending me slowly insane.........

Please can you amend the default to have the box "unticked"?

I would attach a screenshot but trying to insert an image here there is a popup box asking me for the "source", which I cannot figure out.

Vox
Occasional Contributor

Replying to my own post gave me the option to upload a photo so here it is @RaoulS@JamesIG

save-settings.jpg

CYW

The new platform takes up too much screen space.  Need to be able to change to smaller fonts and re-size the columns.  I will stick to the old one.

Community Manager

Hi @Vox - I shall make sure to pass this onto our dev teams as feedback. 

CYW wrote:

The new platform takes up too much screen space.  Need to be able to change to smaller fonts and re-size the columns.  I will stick to the old one.

@CYW - you should be able to zoom out by holding Ctrl + Scroll Wheel (or minus sign). This is dependent on your browser settings. Furthermore I know we are looking into the resizing request for columns, but I will add your feedback. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the new platform. Of course it takes a bit of getting used to the changes, but once the tricks are leart, it's fast and functional.

I do have one suggestion however.

On the watchlist and position tabs, I would like to see one extra column labelled 'comments' or 'notes' where I can enter a short string of characters such as "waiting for retracement", "Approaching support" etc

It should be quite simple to implement and very handy I would think.

I also have one question.  My charts show Sydney time, yet I am in Brisbane GMT+10.  I can find no way of correcting this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben.

New Contributor

Good day to everyone,

Just to post another tech issue, I encounter these probably 5-7 days – is that I don’t see ‘deal’ and ‘order’ menu at my demo account at all. While for the ‘live’ one everything works fine. I cannot even close opened positions (again in demo) just by pressing button ‘close pos’.

As I was advised by the helpdesk this is due to my location and some fx-conversion issues related to that. While at the same time I can do demo trades on the phone app, though, not that straightforward too Smiley Happy as when I’m trying to close the position there, the app blinks several times and crashes, but I can close the position via inserting a matching opposite new trade. So seems like my location/country probably doesn’t conflict with the soft for the phone app, or at least doesn’t conflict with the soft related to orders, new deal tickets.

This is just kind of information for tech support, in the case if you haven’t seen this kind of issues before.

Not complaining abt that at all, as I understand that the process of updating and polishing the soft is continuous and will be waiting for the final rollover of the new platform for the region.

Have a great day,

Ivan

I've tried the new platform several times over the last few months and whilst it is slick and shiny, I'm finding it to be utterly unintuitive and useless to me as well as devoid of all the usual access and features I use. Basically i found it to be a screaming pile of poo. If the old one gets removed then I guess I'm looking for a new broker.

New Contributor

Having nothing better to do I thought I'd have another look at the new platform - after all it can't really be as bad as it seemed when I tried it a while back, can it?

Oh boy, where do IG get their programmers from - kindergarten?

I opened it up on my laptop - Dell i5 vostro Windows 10 - and the bottom of the new platform's screen is hidden behind the taskbar with no scroll bar to access it! Ye gods, does someone actually get paid to code this badly? I thought IG was a professional organisation so why do they employ incompetent amateurs?

The old platform continues to work fine and looks much better to boot.

Geoff

I have only recently started using the new platform and I think it is brilliant. While most of my experience have been on MT4, I also spent some time evaluating other broker platforms however I felt the latest iteration of IG's web platform offered the best user experience of the lot. I found the platform very slick, intuitive and easy on the eye (once configured to suit). I must say that my initial feeling was that the layout would be a bit awkward to work with but having used it for over a month I now think IG got it spot on! I feel the platform makes the best use of screen space and the organisation allows for a clutter-free experience. For e.g. on most other platforms I found it uncomfortable to review 4 charts simultaneously on a single monitor without a lot of fidgeting while somehow I found this so much easier on the IG platform despite the 4 charts occupying a smaller space!

Still scratching my head on how the countdown bar timer is missing - such a critical feature of any charting software???

Would love to be able to view both ask & bid lines simultaneously and scroll charts forward/backward one bar at a time (useful for backtesting).

Also why do all these 'modern' charting software have so few features available in the ticket area i.e. position entry/stop at previous bar high/low or swing low plus offset, set limit based on R's etc... Surely the ease of placing a trade would certainly sway a lot of new users to the platform...

And another big disappointment with the IG platform is the lack of performance/reporting features i.e. P&L graph, drawdown, average expectancy, profit % vs day of week etc. 

Of course there is still a lot of room for improvement but definitely going in the right direction.

New Contributor

"Still scratching my head on how the countdown bar timer is missing - such a critical feature of any charting software???"

>>I could not agree more.

Highlighted
Visitor

New platform looks great but i really don't see any new features...

As a suggestion please look into improving;

1) Time and Sales.....

2) Depth of Market......

Hi please add this feature to the new platform.

It should have an automatic screenshot when the trade is started and ended.

So if I short the DOW, the platform should take an automatic screenshot of the chart. And when it is ended, another screenshot.

I would actually like if the system would automatically take screenshots of the chart when the trade is active and store it in an assigned folder.