Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Give your feedback on IG's new web trading platform

Hello all,

As we roll out the latest iteration of the new web trading platform we wish to know about your experiences and suggestions for future development. To help this process we’d like you to consider the following in your feedback.

• What are your initial impressions of the platform? We want to know the good and not so good.
  • How intuitive have you found it? In particular consider placing a trade, using charts or finding a new market
  • What three things would you suggest are the most important to focus on to further develop the platform?

Feel free to respond by posting below. We'll be on hand to answer any other questions you may have.

New Contributor

Re: Give your feedback on IG's new web trading platform

New web trading platform eh? I have not seen the URL published.

Investor mainly. But take a technical position at least once a month.
New Contributor

Hi Raoul,

The new platform is great - it feels really slick and keeps everything tidy and uncluttered. And it's so much quicker (and simpler) to load charts, tickets etc. than the earlier platform. 

A quick question though: almost at random it will drop me back to the 'login' screen. It doesn't matter if I have left it alone or have been working on something. To get back in, I need to click 'Open new platform' again from the My IG dashboard (it hasn't completely logged me out of my account, just dropped me back to the external 'flashing prices' login page).

Not a big problem, as it loads again quickly, but can delay things slightly if you're about to open/close a trade.

It'll also be great when we can automatically sign into the new platform (i.e. selecting it as an option within the My IG 'Platform preference'). 

Thanks to all the team.

Dean

Hi @greendragon

Thanks for bringing that issue to our attention. It's something we've just been made aware is occurring and are working on right now to fix.

I'm happy to hear your other positive feedback!

Regards,

Raoul

Occasional Visitor

Who makes the app
New Contributor

When does the new web trading platform get released?

I like the new platform but a few initial thoughts:

1. The twitter feed is a great idea but would be better if you could customise it with your own choice of twitter feeds

2.  It would be nice if the economic calendar could be viewed in the workspace just like the news does (i.e. it slides out). At the moment it opens up a new browser window

3. It would be nice to have the option of pinning the news window to my workspace -  haven't found a way of doing this yet.

Number 1 would be my top wish.

Keep up the good work

Occasional Contributor

Haven't been looking at the new platform recently as there are too many problems with it for me at present but just took a look at the twitter feed recently mentioned by @Starks - it looks good but I can't see how to close it.  Surely it should be like the other tabs that can be moved and closed?

Cheers.

mbs
New Contributor

Very impressed with new platform as is much quicker and has a much smoother overall appearance. However, would be great if you could address the following:

1: Can we have an option to turn off the price line which spreads across the whole chart and is very off putting

2: Countdown timer to the next bar

3: Make the pivot points static as when you switch between charts or time frames they just scrunch up the whole chart

Thanks in advance

Hi @ianc134

You can actually close the Twitter/notification feed by clicking the bell icon. Right now this setting won't be saved when you restart the platform, but will soon.

Tim

New platform feed.png

Want to follow a particular discussion? Use the Subscribe feature.

Hi @mbs

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear you're impressed with the platform. Your three points have been noted, and I'll update you here once I find out where these items are on the roadmap.

Tim

New Contributor

Hi,

I finally got the link to the new platform and I have to say as a UI/UX designer you've exceeded. It's finally fast and easy to navigate and organise.

Well done ladies and gents.

thanks

Hi @mbs

Just wanted to update you on your three points of feedback.

1. In the coming weeks we will tone down the colour/boldness of the dynamic price line so that it blends better with the chart. This is a quick adjustment while we work on adding an option to disable it (I don't have a release date for this yet but will share when it's available)

2. We are currently considering the bar countdown, but don't yet have any update on when this might be added

3. In the coming weeks we are improving the scaling of indicators such as Pivot Points, so that they don't scrunch up the chart.

Thanks again for your feedback, hope the above clarifies your points!

Tim

Hi @Abaguma

Thanks for the great feedback, we appreciate it!

If you have any suggestions for how we can make it even better, let us know!

Tim

Occasional Visitor

Where are the zoom buttons?

mbs wrote:

Very impressed with new platform as is much quicker and has a much smoother overall appearance. However, would be great if you could address the following:

1: Can we have an option to turn off the price line which spreads across the whole chart and is very off putting

2: Countdown timer to the next bar

3: Make the pivot points static as when you switch between charts or time frames they just scrunch up the whole chart

Thanks in advance

Hi @mbs

We've pushed out an update to fix scaling on pivot points, which will address point 3 for you.

We're keen to find out if this has improved things for you, so let us know!

Tim

Hi @unclemick

We're making some improvements to how zoom functions, which includes zoom and 'reset to current candle' buttons. This will be added in the next few weeks.  In the meantime you can use the Overview at the bottom of the chart to filter the view (right-click on the chart and select Show > Overview to add this if it's not already).

How are you finding the new platform so far?

Tim

Occasional Visitor

Hi. I use the trading platform on PC, mobile and iPad. In general I like the design and navigation of this complex platform.

However one issue stands out, and that is I can't view all the text for RNS and news. In most cases I have to scroll across to read the entire line and then scroll back again to read the start of the next line. This is a problem, so please can you ask the developer team to help?

Also there's no format for RNS so it's difficult to see the tabular information. If you look at London and South East's RNS presentation, then that's what I'd like to see.

Thanks.

Andrew

mbs
New Contributor

Thanks Tim, the update has fixed the scaling problem with pivot points.

Hi @mbs

You'll be glad to know we've now added the option to turn off the price line. Right-click on a chart, select Show > Price Line.

2016-12-21 10_01_52-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Tim