14-09-2016 11:58 AM
As we roll out the latest iteration of the new web trading platform we wish to know about your experiences and suggestions for future development. To help this process we’d like you to consider the following in your feedback.
- What are your initial impressions of the platform? We want to know the good and not so good.
- How intuitive have you found it? In particular consider placing a trade, using charts or finding a new market
- What three things would you suggest are the most important to focus on to further develop the platform?
Feel free to respond by posting below. We'll be on hand to answer any other questions you may have.
06-10-2016 12:06 PM
The new platform is great - it feels really slick and keeps everything tidy and uncluttered. And it's so much quicker (and simpler) to load charts, tickets etc. than the earlier platform.
A quick question though: almost at random it will drop me back to the 'login' screen. It doesn't matter if I have left it alone or have been working on something. To get back in, I need to click 'Open new platform' again from the My IG dashboard (it hasn't completely logged me out of my account, just dropped me back to the external 'flashing prices' login page).
Not a big problem, as it loads again quickly, but can delay things slightly if you're about to open/close a trade.
It'll also be great when we can automatically sign into the new platform (i.e. selecting it as an option within the My IG 'Platform preference').
Thanks to all the team.
06-10-2016 12:10 PM
Thanks for bringing that issue to our attention. It's something we've just been made aware is occurring and are working on right now to fix.
I'm happy to hear your other positive feedback!
24-11-2016 07:21 PM
I like the new platform but a few initial thoughts:
1. The twitter feed is a great idea but would be better if you could customise it with your own choice of twitter feeds
2. It would be nice if the economic calendar could be viewed in the workspace just like the news does (i.e. it slides out). At the moment it opens up a new browser window
3. It would be nice to have the option of pinning the news window to my workspace - haven't found a way of doing this yet.
Number 1 would be my top wish.
Keep up the good work
25-11-2016 10:51 AM
Haven't been looking at the new platform recently as there are too many problems with it for me at present but just took a look at the twitter feed recently mentioned by @Starks - it looks good but I can't see how to close it. Surely it should be like the other tabs that can be moved and closed?
28-11-2016 04:20 PM
Very impressed with new platform as is much quicker and has a much smoother overall appearance. However, would be great if you could address the following:
1: Can we have an option to turn off the price line which spreads across the whole chart and is very off putting
2: Countdown timer to the next bar
3: Make the pivot points static as when you switch between charts or time frames they just scrunch up the whole chart
Thanks in advance
28-11-2016 04:25 PM