Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager

[NEW] Indicator alerts

[ Edited ]

All trading involves risk. Losses can exceed deposits.

Hi all

The new web trading platform now offers 'Indicator' alerts which can be added via the 'Alerts' tab on a chart. Check out the step by step guide below and feel free to submit any feedback or suggestions on this new functionality. 

You can add indicator alerts to any chart via the Alert > Indicator option.

Indicators .png

Specify which indicator you would like to focus on and the specifics of the alert. 

indicator alert.png

Choose when you would like to be alerted, and click 'Set Alert'. If you wanted to add another indicator alert feel free to do so. Add a message if required. 

2017-10-03 11_35_53-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

You'll see a confirmation of your alert... 

2017-10-03 11_36_06-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

...and also see it via the 'Alerts' fly out from the left hand side. This is also where you can delete if required. (Don't forget you need to choose between 'Price Change', 'Price Level' and 'Indicator Alert' at the top.)

2017-10-03 11_36_22-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Let us know what you think

James

Occasional Contributor

Re: [NEW] Indicator alerts

James - Thanks, this looks like a good feature. 

Digressing a little bit ... where is this status shown where one could reference it prior to placing a bet? I don't see it in product details or using info buttons unless I am missing something.

regards

x sold to open.png

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hey @D600 thanks for your message.

I have had a word with our shares desk and they have confirmed that a request has been raised to add functionality into the new platform to let you know as soon as you open the deal ticket. The result should be something similar to what happens when you open a 'closing only' stock (as below) which appears directly under the SELL/BUY button. 

2017-10-04 15_51_33-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Restrictions on stocks are very rare, however this sometimes occurs with stock which is being heavily shorted in the underlying market. The restriction you have encountered would only be on shorting stock via a Forward Shares trade on spread betting. 

A manual work around (which I appreciate isn't perfect but may tie you over until this new functionality is added) is to test with a working order at a level which wouldn't be triggered. You can then delete the working order. 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your response.

Yesterday several of the spread bet shorts for stock forwards had this message, I must have tried 4 or more. Yet when I look at the market data it showed the IG pool to be 92% long for FCAU in this example.

Are you saying it is pretty much standard for forwards?

Thanks for adding this functionality. Unfortunately, not all technical indicators are available to be used as alerts. Is there an intention to add other indicators to the list?

Community Manager

Hi @D600

I just re-read what I said yesterday and I think I need to clarify a couple of points. The majority of stocks don't have restrictions on the whole, and the majority of the deal flow which comes through IG goes through automatically and without restriction, however of the shares forwards on spread betting, about 40% ~ can only be shorted on the DFB.

This basically comes down to stock which have a high or variable borrow charge.I hope this clarifies things. Our senior shares dealer is aware of this, as is our project owner of the new web trading platform, so I just wanted to assure you we are working on your feedback and adding this functionality to the platform. 

Community Manager

hi @JRDragon - Currently there is nothing on the road map to add additional indicator alerts, however we are always looking for client sentiment and feedback. Which ones would you specifically like?

Also to the wider community, if you would like to see additional indicator alerts please let me know and I'l pass back to the Project Manager. 

Highlighted

Are there any plans to add alerts to trendlines? eg price crossing through a trendline?

Vox
Occasional Contributor

Occasional Contributor

Until recently I have used the old aka "classic" platform. I also tend to use a tablet. In my experience on desktop/laptop/windows alerts notify correctly if the "IG settings->notifications" are set correctly. I recall that if not logged in then the pop-up alert notification does not (cannot) activate. On a mobile the alert shows up in notifications along with a sound alert if WiFi/mobile data is enabled. ElectronsenseC
Vox
Occasional Contributor

Hi @electronsenseC,

Thanks for the reply.

Not using a mobile though, just sat in front of a PC (well an iMac) logged in all the time with alert settings on as per screenshot.

settings.jpg

Visitor

Is there a way to get an alert to your mobile?