Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Up To 8 Moving Averages

[ Edited ]

All trading involves risk. Losses can exceed deposits.

Hi All,

I am happy to announce a new feature on the New Web Trading Platform, (one that was suggested by quite a few of the platform users). You are now able to make use of up to 8 moving averages as shown in the screenshot below. 

moving average.PNG

If you have any more ideas on how we could improve moving averages then please let us know.

Thanks

Anton

cyg
New Contributor

Re: Up To 8 Moving Averages

Hi Anton,

Could you please add Exponential Moving Averages? They are a useful addition to Simple Moving Averages which you already have.

Thanks

Cy Garvie

Regular Contributor

EMAs all the way 👍🏻
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @cyg,  which platform did you mean? I think they all have ema's. On the new platform it's listed by the letter E and so nowhere near 'Moving Average' which is not how most platforms do it so you may have missed it. Smoothed, Linear Weighted and Hull would be useful sub section additions.

ema1.PNG

cyg
New Contributor

Hi @Caseynotes,

found EMA on the new platform. Thank you very much for your help.

Good morning

Thank you for the update. Is there any chance of getting the Hull Moving Average or Guppy Moving Average on the system? Furthermore is there a way of then hiding the actual price action just to focus on the averages?

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Difference moving averages don't make any difference, existing MAS can be adjusted with settings to give desired results.

Use stochastics , it ia good price action analysis indicator..It is used by professionals, you don't need individual candles..........they can be confusing.Pick out the relevant info from this post.

https://community.ig.com/t5/Platform-and-App-Technical/Price-action-indicator-doing-automated-p-a-an...

Esteemed Contributor

Moving averages make a great trend indicator as well as providing dynamic support and resistance. The Hull MA is a bit different as it is designed to greatly reduce lag. There are plenty of Hull MA indicators to download for the MT4.

Here is a link to Alan Hull to explain the indicator for himself;

https://alanhull.com/hull-moving-average

hull1.PNG

Frequent Contributor

The OP can use tick charts , these are even faster  or the poster can use faster lwmas, none of these make any more difference.None of have have an edge.

https://tradingsim.com/blog/hull-ma/

The faster the moving average,the more fake signals .

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the fewer the periods the more false signals, that's just the same as stochastics then, in fact it's the same for any indicator. The more periods used for the calculations a later the arrival of the signal but fewer false ones.

Frequent Contributor

The faster the moving averages, the more the false signals, the greater the losses.The stochastics is king of all indicators, it eliminates the need for price action candles false noise.

Regular Contributor

EA trader - asked this a number of times but never had a reply. It seems you don’t like technical analysis and you moan about it a lot, yet you use EA’s...

How? Why?
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Panda

I never said I did not like t/a , I just use it for very high probability entries.I don't look at 50 candles to read price action, to read rice action, I just use sexy stochastics.

Where did I say I did not like TA?tTA is 5 % of the trading skills.

Iam part of the TA rebuttal team, we all work in teams.