Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

Stop/limit/profit/loss values on chart

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody knows how to change the stop loss on the charts for an existing existing trade, over to currency rather than points. Sorry if I am being rather vague, but can't think of another way to put it.

It seems to work on IOS but not on Windows platform.

Many thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Stop/limit/profit/loss values on chart

New Contributor

I need too know how a stop is added I'm having trouble understanding
Community Manager

How to add a stop or limit on the new web platform charts

To add a stop via the charts on the new web trading platform would require the following method: On the open position click the link or the box telling you your size. 

2018-01-29 09_17_34-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Click, hold, and drag down the button that says stop / limit. The chart will known whether or not this is a stop or limit depending on which way you drag. Release and click submit to have it submitted. You will see a confirm if it was successful. 

2018-01-29 09_16_17-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

New Contributor

Re: How to add a stop or limit on the new web platform charts

So how do you now change the stop loss to read a currency figure instead of points. It works on IOS, but not in Windows.

The reason for me asking is that I want to know in money terms where I  am setting the stop loss.

Community Manager

Re: How to add a stop or limit on the new web platform charts

Hi - using the method above will show the financial cost (as shown below in the green circle). Please remember that with a non-guaranteed stop this financial value is only an indication as the market could slip over this level and you could be filled at a worse price. 

2018-01-29 11_10_53-Re_ How to add a stop or limit on the new web platform charts _ IG Community.png

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Biggins,

When you want to change your stop, you can either drag the line to the right point of your choice or press the X on the line and re-do the stop position.

Hope this helps.

Trevbeats.