Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Buy order not appearing as working order

Hi, I placed a buy order Stride Gaming PLC in my ISA account. Under activity I see two rows, labelled as order and placing. But under Working Orders I see nothing.

So what happened, would this be filled if the buy price fell to an appropriate level? And if so, how would I cancel this order if I changed my mind?

This will hopefully show what I mean.

No working order for this trade?No working order for this trade?

IG Staff

Re: Buy order not appearing as working order

Hi @anders, thanks for getting in touch!

When an order is successfully placed from your ISA account, it will always appear in the Working Orders window of your platform. If this is not the case, it implies there is likely an issue with the order itself.

In this particular instance, Stride Gaming PLC is a SETSqx stock. This is a stock which generally trades lower volumes than major listings and therefore trades with the assistance of liquidity providers known as Market Makers. At the moment, the order type you selected ('Limit - Day') is not supported for this particular type of stock and will have therefore been deleted immediately.

The way to trade this stock on the platform will be via the 'Get Quote' function. This is a separate tab on the deal ticket and will send a request directly to the Market Maker, who will return a quoted price to you to either accept or reject. If this deal is accepted, the stock will appear on your account immediately at the quoted price.

Hope that explains the situation! Please feel free to reply with any further questions and if anybody else has experienced similar issues, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rob.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @RobertR. Would be nice to get an error message (even just a generic one), but at least I know why the order failed now.

IG Staff

Hi @anders.

Completely agree! I've already passed this on as feedback to our developers so it'll hopefully be added as an improvement in the not too near future.

Thanks again for your post,

Rob.