Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

ISA and Share dealing platform trade types with NON SETS stocks

Hi.

I was considering moving my BARX direct ISA account over since barclays have slowly eroded their BARX direct service from one of the best platforms to one of the worst.  I already have a SB and CFD account so naturally it would be good to move the ISA and maybe the SIPP to have everything under one roof.

Before I made the move I opened the ISA and put some funds in to test the platform.  I thought I was missing something but there was no way of placing a limit order or stop order for non SETS stocks.

All other basic trading platforms offer this service that I've had experience of (III, Barx, Halifax, Natwest).

Why do IG not offer this basic function??

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: ISA and Share dealing platform trade types with NON SETS stocks

Thanks for your query and welcome to Community. As you said SETSqx stock can't currently have Limit order functionality applied to your trade and you can only use the 'Get Quote' or RSP function. This is unfortunately a restriction made by Citi who act as the transactional broker on the back end. We are pushing for them to get this sorted as soon as possible, however currently there isn't a fixed date on this - as soon as we know I shall try and let you know. 

New Contributor

Re: ISA and Share dealing platform trade types with NON SETS stocks

Hi James,

Thanks.  I won't be moving my ISA or SIPP until this is resolved (with SEAQ also?).  If you could you let me know so I can test the execution please.