Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Visitor

Using stops on share dealing

[ Edited ]

Hi, I trade on your new share trading facility. But urgently need to be able to place stops that are carried by IG until triggered or canceled by my self.

They currently only last 1 trading session and then have to be reapplied at the next open.

Trading from Australia I normally trade 4am local time to the NYSE close and cannot manage placing a stop for each session at the NYSE open.

IG Staff

Re: Using stops on share dealing

Hi there,

We are always looking to improve our service and to expand our order types on offer. Unfortunately Good till Cancelled stop orders are not currently offered however GTC orders on Share Trading accounts are one of the main things that we are looking into. I have passed your message on to our development team as feedback. Hopefully it's something we can offer in future!

New Contributor

Good to see this is now offered. Any chance of extending it to cover US share that trade in US & London time? E.g. Amazon, Google, Facebook etc.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Any update on this, as currently stop order on international (non U.K.) is limited to the same day. A GTC stop loss would greatly improve the share trading facility. Thanks Joe.
Community Manager

Hi @jawdrops, thanks for your post, and for your patience regarding this functionality.  I've been liaising with our equities desk and am pleased to advise that we can now offer Stop-GTC orders for main session US stocks, as of Monday.  You should see this order type when you log in and open a deal ticket on a US equity, so I do hope this enhances your trading experience with our platform!

Any questions please do ask.

Thanks!

Hannah

Have a question? Try searching the community to see if it has already been answered.