More Options | Tax Efficiency

Greetings

Are their any developments on bringing more share option to IG?

We have a few in their such as Nvidia, AMD, Netflix, but very limited for professional and day option traders,

Would their be are their any more on the horizon?

In addition, can I get clarification that any gains earned is still under the tax free  "gambling / speculation" wrapper ?

9 hours ago, TradeSniper47 said:

Greetings

Are their any developments on bringing more share option to IG?

We have a few in their such as Nvidia, AMD, Netflix, but very limited for professional and day option traders,

Would their be are their any more on the horizon?

In addition, can I get clarification that any gains earned is still under the tax free  "gambling / speculation" wrapper ?

Dear @TradeSniper47,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that most equity options are traded over the phone when the underlying market is open. You can contact us during equity trading hours to be connected to a Sales Trader who will trade the equity options on your behalf.

Please note that with CFD accounts you are required to report your gains for tax purposes, but with spread betting, you can trade without paying capital gains tax or stamp duty.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

Please rate us on Trustpilot: IG Trustpilot 

Many thanks for the clarification 

Can I ask if more equity options would be available to trading via the site, on the horizon?

Yes, I am referring to the spread bet account, where gains accumulated would not incur tax requirements or returns.  🙂

11 hours ago, TradeSniper47 said:

Many thanks for the clarification 

Can I ask if more equity options would be available to trading via the site, on the horizon?

Yes, I am referring to the spread bet account, where gains accumulated would not incur tax requirements or returns.  🙂

Dear @TradeSniper47,

Please note that more equity options might be introduced on the platform in future, based on demand.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

• 2 months later...

I would like to see more shares for options on your site and I know several others who support this desire also. Phoning in this day and age has to be way out of date! 

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, gillh said:

I would like to see more shares for options on your site and I know several others who support this desire also. Phoning in this day and age has to be way out of date! 

Dear @gillh,

Understood, thank you for the suggestion.

We will pass it on to our team. Would you like to see more US or UK equity options or both?

Thanks,

KoketsoIG