Have £20k to invest? Consider a FTSE 100 share and an ETF this July!

Building a balanced portfolio is key for steady and strong returns over time. Investing in an exchange-traded fund (ETF) is a smart way to achieve this.

Diversification helps protect against the risk of any single asset doing poorly. It also reduces the portfolio's ups and downs during different economic times.

As an investor, I can buy individual stocks to achieve this, but I can also buy an ETF. This way, I spread my money across many shares (and other assets like bonds and commodities).

Should you invest £1,000 in Coca-Cola HBC right now? When investment expert Mark Rogers gives a stock tip, it’s worth paying attention. His Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter has given thousands of paying members top stock picks from the UK and US markets for nearly a decade. Right now, Mark thinks there are 6 standout stocks that investors should consider buying. Want to see if Coca-Cola HBC is on the list?

See the 6 stocks

This strategy also helps me cut trading costs. Buying an ETF means just one transaction fee, while buying many shares means several fees.

A top FTSE stock I think a balanced approach of buying both individual companies and ETFs is the best way to go. This reduces risk while also giving me a chance to make higher returns by picking specific shares.

If I had £20,000 to invest, Coca-Cola HBC (LSE

) would be a great FTSE 100 stock to consider this July. Thanks to popular brands like Coke, Sprite, and Fanta, the company has stable revenues at all times.

But it’s not a boring business. It has excellent growth opportunities in Eastern European and African markets and is successfully moving into fast-growing areas like energy drinks.

Intense competition is always a threat for consumer goods, but analysts expect Coca-Cola HBC’s earnings to rise strongly over the next few years, starting with a 26% jump in 2024.

Because of this, Coca-Cola HBC shares currently have a price-to-earnings growth (PEG) ratio of 0.6. A PEG below 1 suggests a share is undervalued. Right now, I think it could be one of the FTSE 100’s best cheap shares.

… and a great ETF With a £20,000 investment, a good strategy could be to split it equally between Coca-Cola HBC shares and an ETF. There are many funds to choose from, but I think the iShares Core S&P 500 ETF (LSE

) may be one of the best.

This fund gives me exposure to all the businesses in the S&P 500 index in the US. This is great for those who usually focus on UK shares and indices, as it provides geographical diversification and exposure to many different industries and companies.

This helps balance risk while also offering the potential for strong long-term returns. The iShares ETF has provided an average annual return of 12.92% over the past decade.

One potential downside is that around 30% of the fund is in tech stocks, which could fall sharply if the economy worsens. However, I still think this is a great fund to consider holding today.

We think earning passive income has never been easier Do you like the idea of dividend income?

The idea of investing in a company once, then sitting back and receiving regular dividend payments?

If you’re excited by the thought of passive income and significant growth on your initial investment, you’ll want to see this report inside Motley Fool Share Advisor — ‘5 Essential Stocks For Passive Income Seekers’.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• I wonder when tap2earn era will fade, the hype is endless and more users continue to onboard in to crypto through this innovative game on Ton blockchain. Despite the arrest of Durov, listing of this project continue. With many of these projects about to list in the month of September, one begins to wonder which will be the biggest. HamsterKombat, Tapswap, Blum, and Rabbitcoin have divide enthusiasts as to which is bigger so they can focus more.  I wonder why Rabbitcoin is now in the picture of the top project on Ton blockchain. Could it be 23rd September listing announcement or just the normal hype? With so many features like: battles, level up, training Rabbits, daily challenges, streak rewards, wallet connectivity, content creator challenges, and the opportunity to earn crypto rewards, the game is now primed to surpass the previous Ton project. The Pre-Market price on Bitget has further sparked speculations and anticipation of players as to what the futures hold for the token.
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, Cardano / U.S. dollar(ADAUSD) ADAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Double Corrective position: Wave Y Direction Next higher Degrees: wave (II) Wave Cancel invalid level:  Details: The decline of wave Y is likely to end and the price is re-entering the uptrend. Cardano / U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Trading Strategy: It looks like the wave (II) correction is complete and the price is still likely to move up. Look for an opportunity to join the wave (III) uptrend. Cardano / U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart, Cardano / U.S. dollar(ADAUSD) ADAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (2) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid level:  Details: Wave (2) is likely to end and the price is re-entering the uptrend. Cardano / U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Trading Strategy: It looks like the wave 2 correction is complete and the price is still likely to move up. Look for an opportunity to join the wave 3 uptrend. Cardano / U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200indicating a downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod  Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • NASDAQ 100 (NDX), SP500 (SPX), Apple (AAPL), Tesla (TSLA), Amazon (AMZN), Nvidia (NVDA), Microsoft (MSFT), Meta Platforms (META), Netflix (NFLX), Alphabet (GOOGL), Bitcoin (BTC). Stock market Elliott Wave technical analysis and trading strategies:  Elliott Wave Analysis NASDAQ Tech Stocks: Indices and tech stock to move lower, at least to mid week for stocks. As in most cases Elliott Wave C of (2). TLSA, GOOGL and NVDA and possibly MSFT has different Elliott Wave counts. If you have short positions than you can continue to hold short. Today I also take a quick look at some banks BAC, JPM and GS and talk about possible different Elliott wave counts for the top of the market. Video Chapters 00:00 NASDAQ 100 (NDX). SP500 (SPX). BAC, JPM, GS. 16:37 Apple (AAPL) 17:40 Amazon (AMZN) 18:37 NVIDIA (NVDA) 20:44 Meta Platforms (META) 21:34 Netflix (NFLX)  22:07 Alphabet (GOOGL) 23:11 Microsoft MSFT 23:53 Tesla (TSLA) 26:50 Bitcoin 33:12 End Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™  Source: tradinglounge  
us