IG Unethical or Criminal?

I have some deep concerns about a recent application for a SPP.  Upon application with IG, they removed $2500 from my account.  The company issued their shares.  Other people are already trading, yet I have not seen a share or a refund.  Two days on and my emails are not being answered, and phone calls are placed on hold for indefinite periods. On face value, I think that someone at IG has engaged in some form of cash movement to benefit them or even perhaps theft. 

Has anyone else had this experience?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Aliashiq
    Joined 03/02/23 17:38
    • Hi @Mark12 If you are trading shares, you will have the option to place a limit order to sell your existing position. When the market opens, please check if your order level is close to where the market is trading. All the best, OfentseIG
    • We have to wait until Friday to find out if the UK economy skirted a recession.   Richard Snow, foreign exchange analyst at Daily FX, tells IGTV’s Jeremy Naylor that after the third quarter contraction of 0.3%, there is a risk around the incoming data for the fourth quarter. Here he discusses GBP/USD as a trade to go short. But what if GDP comes in slightly higher? Richard says that is likely to be largely academic and that he believes the short trade will prevail. Jeremy Naylor | Writer, London | Publication date: Friday 03 February 2023
    • Breaking News - US NFPs Surge to 517k vs 185k Expectations, Unemployment Rate Falls to 3.4% Feb 3, 2023 | DailyFX Nick Cawley, Senior Strategist Source: Bloomberg   US DOLLAR (DXY) PRICE AND CHART ANALYSIS US NFPs smash expectations in January. US dollar picks up a bid. Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 517k in January, and the unemployment rate fell to 3.4% according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Hourly earnings also beat expectations. Last month’s NFP figure was also revised higher from 223k to 260k. ‘ Job growth was widespread in January, led by gains in leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, and health care. Employment also increased in government, partially reflecting the return of workers from a strike.’     The Federal Reserve hiked interest rates by 25 basis points at this Wednesday's FOMC meeting, a move fully expected, and priced in by the market. Fed chair Powell, while continuing to stress that further rises are data dependent, added a new word to his FOMC vocabulary, disinflation, sending the US dollar lower and risk markets sharply higher. Powell said that it is a ‘good thing that disinflation so far has not come at expense of labor market’, adding that ‘this disinflationary period is in early stages’. While chair Powell will still keep tightening monetary policy to break the back of inflation, financial markets are now pricing in just one more 25bp rate hike at the March meeting before a pause in Q2 and Q3, while rate cuts are now seen in Q4. FOMC Hikes Rates 25 bps as Expected, Leaves Open Further Hike Expectations The US dollar (DXY) picked up a bid post-release rising around 60 cents to 101.90 US DOLLAR (DXY) DAILY PRICE CHART – FEBRUARY 3, 2023     What is your view on the US Dollar – bullish or bearish?