Exclude Sundays from ATR on IG charts?

Question

I suspect that the Average True Range (ATR) indicator for IG Forex charts is calculated including Sundays. The True Range (TR) of a weekday  is not reflective of the TR during the 3 hours of Sunday trading.  Can Sundays be excluded from the ATR calculation on IG charts? A period of 10 for calculating ATR  would better reflect recent daily volatility than the current default 14.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    valona
    Joined 02/12/20 23:45
    • Hi, I'm also new, have been lurking here for years, so welcome  Most markets are closed during the weekend, but there are weekend contracts on major indices. For crypto, it trades 24/7 like everywhere else, but there is a window form 11pm-12pm UTC on Friday where it is closed as well. Might be for maintenance of the platform.  Hope this helps! Cheers, yuppie13 --- founder @ allmarkets.io 
    • CFD stands for contract for difference. A CFD account allows you to take the profit or loss between a buy and sell position (or vice versa if you are short) across a number of different instruments, including shares, forex, commodities and bonds. This means you do not actually purchase the shares, and thus do not pay capital gains tax or stamp duty. All the shares listed under the live accounts are also listed under the demo accounts. That means if the share is not listed under the demo, it also will not be listed under the live account. However, the share you mentioned, NAOV, seems to be listed under the CFD account on my live and demo CFD account, so I am not quite sure what the problem is. I have attached a screenshot below of the ticker.  
    • oh, so destroying small business to the advantage of multinational conglomerates was for ... er, 'psychological purposes only' ... ok.