Hello! Several beginner questions, if I may.

Hello traders,

My first post on this forum so please be kind aha. First of all, very nice to meet you! I am a newbie to financial trading, though I have been sports trading for a few years so have knowledge of trading mechanics but I still have some basic questions. I have deposited £1K into a live account and plan on creating my first portfolio today. I am planning on sitting on some positions for 6/12 months initially before taking any profits to explore forex. So, whilst I am at this learning stage, I was just hoping to create a nice, diverse, basic portfolio. Problem is, I don't know how best to split my funds.

My initial plan:

I have chosen 14 companies I would like to invest in. I was thinking of putting a flat £70 into each (£70 x 14 companies = £980). Is only having £20 freely uninvested wise? Is the plan to invest as much of your capital as possible at any one time or to allow 50% (or some other % as a rule of thumb) for wiggle room as the stocks meander up and down in value?

Also, how do I invest exactly £70 when, for example, a stock is worth £140? Can I buy half a stock? What's the minimum £ I can put on a stock (or a fraction of a stock)? Is this the normal way of investing or do beginners usually vary £ on each company? I don't want to be disproportionate with my funds, inviting risk. If I can't break up a stock, does that mean that even with a £1,000 bank I am limited to how much I can buy? Apple is currently around 113/114 does that mean I need to have AT LEAST £113 to buy on stock, I can't invest £70 into the company to keep my portfolio nice and even? Basically, is there an easy way of simply throwing £70 at 14 seperate companies with intent to sit on those positions for a while.

Second question, I'm having trouble searching for things on the mobile app. FTSE 100 has a little red crosses next to it and says "(Data Only)" and S&P500 isn't coming up in my search results (See attached pictures). Berkshire Hathaway Inc - A has a little pen symbol next to it whereas Berkshire Hathaway Inc - B has the green dot. This leads me back to my first question. I have googled the reasoning for the split, Class B is marketed more for long-term investments - can I not buy class A until I have £344,415 in my account? Which would be best (if the former is possible to buy) to buy for somebody like me, with a small starter account?

Third question, I assume the company name + "(All Sessions)" is the one I want? Just want to confirm that and hopefully kill any misconceptions I may have early.

Thank you in advance for all your help!

CPerry :)

127236469_3381811348604524_1106740985022102709_n.jpg

126906266_215268199954215_2457767542125848780_n.jpg