MACD + W%R on daily charts

Guest mredgar

Guest mredgar

Hi Guys!

I am new here and keep trying different strategies on Demo as well as couple of times tried Real account.

Currently I am using these chart configuration:

• MACD + Williams %R
  • Daily Resolution

For my testing I used Popular markets under £50 margin for £0.5 only.

My strategy was easy: as I see uptrend on both indicators (set by default) I would buy and if downtrend then sell.

Stop level guaranteed always 100 pips down. No limits.

So far after a month of using this strategy on Demo I found some patterns:

• Indices downtrend is almost always profitable
  • Indicies uptrend never profitable
  • Forex works in both ways but more volatile
  • Because of above not profitable with my stops

To close the positions I used simple method (probably stupid but worked) as once I see profit >£20 I would close the position. Otherwise stops would eat everything. Usually that would take max 2 working days to close. 

As I have read and logically profit vs loss should be ideally 3:1, I have tried 2:1 and even 1.5:1. However, something went wrong.

Currently I set up again to 2:1 just for test.

What do you think, guys, and what would you suggest to change/add or just kill it?

Archived