Call Option expiry

Udar

Question

If a call option is not exercised and is expired . How much money should one lose?

1- Transaction cost

2- Initial margin

3- Running loss (difference between buy price and price at the time of expiry- assuming price at the time of expiry is lower than the buy price)

4- all of above 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Hi @AlfieMico, Thank you for your post. Please note that this has been resolved and all affected ISAs have been reactivated. This is now only affecting clients who declined the pop-up to agree to the updated terms or have already had inactive accounts from previous years. Please let us know if you are experiencing this and if you want us to ask the investments team to reactivate your ISA? Thanks, KoketsoIG
    • TJX Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Daily Chart, The TJX Companies Inc., (TJX) Daily Chart TJX Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Minute wave {v}. DIRECTION: Upside in Minute {v}.   DETAILS: Looking for a bottom in wave {iv} in place to then continue higher.  Equality of {v} vs. {i} stands at 108$.       TJX Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4Hr Chart The TJX Companies Inc., (TJX) 4Hr Chart TJX Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Wave (i) of {v}. DIRECTION: Upside in wave (iii). DETAILS: Looking for a CTLP on 100$, we need to break (b) to then start thinking about longs.         Our detailed Elliott Wave analysis for The TJX Companies Inc. (TJX) as of May 7, 2024, offers insightful perspectives on potential movements for both daily and 4-hour trading charts. This analysis aims to assist traders and investors in identifying strategic positions in line with the predicted trends in TJX's stock prices.     * TJX Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* On the daily chart, TJX is currently exhibiting an impulsive, motive wave pattern, specifically within Minute wave {v}. This wave is crucial as it suggests a continued upward momentum following the establishment of a bottom in wave {iv}. The target for equality between wave {v} and wave {i} is projected at $108, indicating significant upside potential. * TJX Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – 4Hr Chart* Zooming into the 4-hour chart, TJX is progressing through Wave (i) of Minute {v}. The focus is on the upcoming wave (iii), which is known for its typically strong upward drive. A critical price point to monitor is the $100 level, where a conclusive break above the (b) wave high will validate bullish sentiments and open the door for positioning long trades.   Technical Analyst : Alessio Barretta Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
    • Have heard a lot about the pre-market trading & have decided to give it a try. EIGEN has allocated 45% of its TS to the community which I think is one feature of a good project.
us