Stop loss hit waaaaay above my take profit zone on a long trade!

I'm slightly baffled by something that happened today!

Off of the back of Bitcoin pumping 4K in the last 24hrs I decided to put in a long order on Riot Blockchain.

The price before 2.30pm open was 1545 (my open was set at 1547) with nothing really in the way of pre-market difference, and had a take profit of 1647.

The trade was triggered and I was stopped out at 1688, 41 pips above my actual set take profit.

Then when I asked someone on the platform for help, to my dismay it said in my history my trade trigged at 1700, my stop loss was hit at 1688 and my take profit was set at 1800 which is absolutely not the trade I set and can't prove it from what's provided in my history!

It was a very quick move to the upside, but pretty much feel I've been robbed of a really good profit and have no way to prove it!

Could anyone explain why this might have happened?

Cheers,

15 hours ago, JR1 said:

I'm slightly baffled by something that happened today!

Off of the back of Bitcoin pumping 4K in the last 24hrs I decided to put in a long order on Riot Blockchain.

The price before 2.30pm open was 1545 (my open was set at 1547) with nothing really in the way of pre-market difference, and had a take profit of 1647.

The trade was triggered and I was stopped out at 1688, 41 pips above my actual set take profit.

Then when I asked someone on the platform for help, to my dismay it said in my history my trade trigged at 1700, my stop loss was hit at 1688 and my take profit was set at 1800 which is absolutely not the trade I set and can't prove it from what's provided in my history!

It was a very quick move to the upside, but pretty much feel I've been robbed of a really good profit and have no way to prove it!

Could anyone explain why this might have happened?

Cheers,

Dear @JR1,

Welcome to the IG community and thank you for your post.

Please be informed that you placed a stop order to open and the market was closed when you placed the trade and you were filled when the market opened.

A stop order, sometimes called a stop-entry order, is an instruction to your trading broker to open a trade when the market level reaches a worse, predetermined price. If you’re buying, ‘worse’ means a higher price but if you’re selling, it means a lower price.

Thank,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG