Re: Welcome to IG Community

Guest MinF2016

Question

Guest MinF2016

Hi... This is an ProRealTime (PRT) question, which I've gravitated over to.

I'm using 2 time frames on on the FTX (5 mins and Daily) and would like my entries to go across both charts.... EG drawing a long term trend line(s) on the daily, and daily pivots on my 5 min chart....and would like to show the long term trends when I use the 5 min chart.... can you advise please?

Cheers,

Mark

4 answers to this question

Hi Mark (),

Welcome to the IG Community. I've just moved your post to our Charts section, as it seems more relevant here.

It's definitely possible to show lines you have drawn on the Daily timeframe on lower time frames. In the Options menu of the PRT toolbar just select Platform options - General, and then there is an tick box for 'Lines displayed on inferior time units'. This will add any new lines you draw to all lower time frames. Regarding the Pivot Point settings, when adding these to the 5 minute chart, there should be an option for the Period. If you set this to 'Daily', it will add the Daily pivot points to your 5 minute chart.

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any difficulties with enabling these options!

Thanks,
Tim 

Guest Turnip230248

where can I find details of how to use MT4 to set  buy/sell levels and set stops, on the actual chart so that the levels can be dragged around the chart?

Archived