Trend line trailing stop

Guest Infromthecold

Guest Infromthecold

I'd really like the ability to have a stop track a trendline / trail based on time rather than distance.

I generally use a trendline for my exits and to be able to 'fire and forget' would be great!

Hi ,

Welcome to the IG community!

Thanks for your feedback. We really enjoy such comments as it is these very ideas that we have acted on to help better improve many elements of out trading platform as well as the service we offer. 

The point you have made I can see the value in and so I will be sure to pass this on to the relevant team as this could be useful to many strategies!

You may be interested in the ProRealTime platform that we also offer, as this has many advanced trading tools, such as being able to set market orders according to a trendline that you may find use of. Below is a link that will tell you more about the platform and you can access this from the 'Tools' section in the IG platform.

https://www.prorealtime.com/en/video-tutorials

I hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would also like to use trend lines as stop losses but as far as I am aware this is not possible on PRT as you suggest, unless you are trading intra day?

I was informed by one of your staff that oblique parallel trend line Limit Orders were only good while you are logged onto the charts and as soon as you log off all orders of this type are cancelled.

TimP could you clarify these orders for us please, because like most people I take trades lasting at least a few days and this is something I would absolutely love to use.

Thank you

Hi 

The oblique orders are refered also as Pending soft orders in the platform and are stored on the wokstation only. With that in mind closing the platform will remove these orders.

I would very much agree with you about being able to have these active for longer periods and so the only way I could think that would be done would be if the trades would be saved on ProRealTimes order server, for which I will contact them to find out if this is something that is firstly possible and secondly if they have any plans in the future for it.

I hope that helps!

Archived