How to work out value of contract per point of movement.

Guest danatherton97

Question

Guest danatherton97

I'm learning the IG Academy courses at the moment and got to the CFDs section.

It states: "Going back to silver, it's traded in a contract size of 5000 troy ounces in the underlying market. Therefore most CFD providers also offer silver in a contract size of 5000 troy ounces. This works out to be the equivalent of $50 per point of movement."

My question is, why does this work out to be the equivalent of $50 per point of movement? I feel like I'm missing something here because I just cant wrap my head around it at all. Your profit or loss on a CFD is calculated as the numbers of contracts traded multiplied by the value of the contract per point of movement multiplied by the difference in points between the opening and closing of the contract. So, how do you work out the value of the contract per point of movement? Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• I've been exploring numerous methods of passive earning over the years aside from spot trading. These methods include staking, futures trading, OTC trading, bot trading, copy trading, and launchpool. I've achieved some successes along the way, and now I'm trying to streamline and focus on just a few passive income opportunities. Actually looked into a project I encountered on X while browsing for opportunities. Branded as UPLAND, I was kinda drawn due to its Gamefi (NFT, metaverse) affiliation on Bitget's launchpool. Let's see what exploring this token fetches me this time 😁🤞🏻 Would love your shared experience(s) using this feature if any and what it's really like?
    • Our intuitive platform is designed with user convenience in mind, ensuring that you can manage your digital assets effortlessly. Whether you’re a seasoned trader or new to the world of cryptocurrencies, NakitCoins provides a hassle-free solution for all your trading needs. Discover the benefits of a smooth, efficient trading experience with NakitCoins today.
    • Experience the ease of cryptocurrency trading with NakitCoins, your go-to platform for buying and selling digital assets with cash. NakitCoins makes cryptocurrency trading straightforward and accessible, allowing you to seamlessly convert a wide range of popular cryptocurrencies.
us