Does anyone know of any reputable stockbroking or wealth management firms etc that offer portfolio advice for an upfront (one-off) fee? 

@amphius,

First of all it depends on which country in the world you are based in?

There are many reputable stockbroking / wealth management firms. A simple search on the internet will highlight some of them. Also if you are wealthy enough to need the services of a wealth management firm then the 'circle' you operate in may be able to advise you? This would be better than asking total strangers on IG Community!

I am based in the UK and can recommend Fidelity Wealth for UK clients but this is more for investments funds / unit trusts, OEICS, investments trusts and ETF's. 

https://www.fidelity.co.uk/services/wealth

https://www.fidelity.co.uk/static/pdf/personal/wealth-prospect-brochure.pdf

As Fidelity are a US firm. They are likely to offer similar if not better wealth management services to its US clients.

• Thought provoking 1

Thanks, @trendfollower. 

I'm actually looking for someone who can offer advice on putting together a portfolio of, say 5 to 10 companies from the FTSE 100, 250 or All-Share indices, having particular regard to advice on the particular risks (such as potential problems with debt) of investing in identified high dividend paying companies. My company is the investor, and it has about £350k in cash to invest.

I would like a long term portfolio, and am therefore looking for a one-off piece of advice work for a fee, rather than ongoing active fund management or commission work.

Have you tried the 'Wealth Management' arm of your bank?

If you have access to 'Private Banking' then they normally offer such a service to its clients.

You may not have enough for Coutts from a company perspective but if you do personally then you may wish to consider them. 

https://www.coutts.com

I mean you could contact UBS, Lloyds Bank Wealth Management and I believe Deutsche Bank have a Wealth Management arm.

There is no right answer anyone can give you as we will all have different opinions, wealth and experiences. You must conduct some research into this and contact several wealth management companies online and see what services they can offer you and for how much (fees). This will help you to possibly make a decision but you must do this as it is your company and £350k at stake. 

I did read an article today saying stockbrokers tend to offer better value than wealth managers, but I am not sure if any offer this kind of service. I made a start today by emailing a few, picked randomly from an LSE list of stockbrokers. I am treading quite cautiously because the service that I am looking for doesn't seem to be something firms advertize on their websites, and I can't really get the feel of how flexible, comprehensive, wanting the business, or expert these firms are, outside their generic services.

I bank personally with RBS, although my branch is their rather idiosyncratic Drummonds branch, which is a quasi private bank, so I could try them.

@amphius,

Well done for making a start and e-mailing a few. 

Whilst you are waiting for an answer conduct research on the internet as this will help you to come up with questions that you may want to ask and points you would like clarification on.