ProRealTime does not show correct price.

Guest pieterhendrik

Question

Guest pieterhendrik

I am using ProRealTime charts for my analysis and it's concering that it does'nt show the

correct closing prices on stocks on the jse. It is showing the price before the closing auction.

5 answers to this question

Hi,

The Pro Real Time platform does not use auction prices , however I will pass on your feedback to the Pro Real Time team to consider having this implemented in the future as this could benefit other clients stategies. 

Thanks for getting in contact 

Hi. I also see this as an issue. Because the real (after auction) close prices are not used, all % change values on all screens/charts are also incorrect. As an example, I am currently looking at the price for BIL. All my trading platforms show that the price is up 1.63%, but PRT shows this as 1.41% - because it uses yesterday's close price before the auction, for the calculation. Showing that the % change is 1.41% is simply incorrect. I have raised this issue a loooooooooong time ago. So, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

While we are on PRT, here is another one for you - not sure if you've noticed...

All the timestamps for all the trades in the tick-by-tick list are incorrect - out by etiher one or two hours, depending on daylight savings. It always shows the London/UK time - and there is nowhere where you can set/change this. This is a huge oversight in my opinion, and also detracts from the product.

Stef

Archived