Prorealtime - where does a trade start and end?

Stef

Hi All,

This is another feature request.

With PRT backtesting (and auto-trading), it is most often quite difficult to see where a trade starts and ends - especially if there are a lot of trades, and/or long and short positions.

A simple solution would be to connect the start and end of each trade with a dotted line. Different colours could be used to differentiate between longs and shorts (like red and blue). There could also be an option to turn this functionality on or off.

Below is an example of what I mean (the area within the rectangle is how it is displayed currently, while the rest of the chart is with the added lines). For me, it is a lot quicker and easier to follow the trades with the added lines.

Would appreciate some comments/feedback.

Regards

Stef

As an aside, the current placement of the arrows and crosses doesn't help much, as they visually gives you the wrong idea of where the trades were entered or exited - and you cannot see the little exit and entry triangles without displaying the arrows and crosses.

Hi 

Thanks for sharing your idea. I can see the point you are making as strategies that are frequently entering the market could make it difficult to see the lifespan of the trade. 

I have passed on the point you have made to ProRealTime as having backtests that are easier to interpret could make for better optimisation and/or for quicker build times. 

Thanks again! 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    SMogul
    Joined 01/12/21 23:58
    • Hello @SillyMilly I think you are referring to purchasing crypto for holding, like people who buy gold or silver as a store of value, while @MongiIG and @ArvinIG are referring to the activity of "trading" since IG is a trading platform, i.e. for those who want to buy and sell assets as a mean to make a profit. In that sense they are right in pointing out that the FCA (the Financial Conduct Authority (UK)) which is the main governing body for the financial sector (I believe) has ruled against the activity of trading cryptocurrencies for non-professionals. I think perhaps due to the very risky nature of trading in crypto, which are prone to extreme volatility. Having said all that, you can purchase crypto through an exchange. I am not sure if there are any legal restrictions in the UK, but I doubt it. I suggest you do a Google search for "Crypto Exchanges UK". Good luck
    • Hi I would like to buy a few gold sovereign coins to keep for a couple of years or so then sell on later in the hope of beating hyper inflation I was told not to buy them online or mail order because the postage is very expencive and I was told to buy them in person I live in Manchester, UK. Surgestions please on where to look if considering buying. Buying somewhere that is safe so I know I am getting real gold and somewhere that dose not charge an extortion on broker fees? I was also told to avoid jewelers has there transaction fees where extortion   Thanks