Account Activation - Want to know the status

Tar2ed

Question

Dear IG support,

I would like to know the current status of my account activation for my share dealing account. I also would like to have a spread betting account.

It has been over a week, so I am quite concerned - any email or message which would clarify the progress of my account would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Thomas

1 answer to this question

Guest Duncan Porteous

Hi

I am trying to set up a Stocks and Shares ISA.  How long does it take to verify my Identity please?  I have already sent in a copy of my passport and bank statement.

Thank you.

Duncan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• If you had left a limit order based on the previous margin requirement, it's likely the system would've adjusted it to match the new rate once it changed. This helps prevent any unexpected margin calls. However, it's always wise to double-check your orders, especially when there are fluctuations in margin requirements. 
    • Just look at CZ's impact on Binance or Gracy Chen's leadership at Bitget. It's incredible how a visionary leader can propel an organization forward. Gracy Chen's track record speaks for itself – fourfold growth in two years is no small feat! With her at the helm, Bitget could indeed be on track to reach new heights.
    • Hey, have you all heard about this zkLink Nova project? It's supposed to be some next-level technology for Ethereum and Layer 2 networks, and I've been looking into it. I'm telling you, this could be massive! Alright, let me break it down for you. zkLink Nova is like an "Aggregated Layer 3 zkEVM Rollup network" built on top of zkSync's ZK Stack. I know, it sounds super technical, but hear me out. Basically, it's a way to integrate all the liquidity and assets from Ethereum and different Layer 2 rollups into one unified platform. Now, why is that a big deal, you ask? Well, right now, all these networks are like separate islands, you know what I mean? Their assets and liquidity are fragmented, and we have to use questionable bridges to move stuff around. It's a complete mess, and it opens up security risks like crazy. But with zkLink Nova, they're using some fancy zero-knowledge proof magic to let us access the combined liquidity without needing to bridge assets! Can you imagine that? It's like having one massive, happy DeFi playground with all the toys under one roof. No more hopping around networks or dealing with shady bridge protocols. Just pure, unified liquidity and assets at our fingertips. The possibilities for dApp developers with that kind of power are insane! And get this – the zkLink team has already lined up over 60 partners to help steer this Layer 3 ecosystem! We're talking big names like Coinbase Ventures and Arrington Capital, who have already invested a whopping $23M into the zkLink ecosystem's development. I'm telling you, this Nova thing could be a game-changer for the Ethereum and Layer 2 space. It's like they're solving one of the biggest headaches we've had in DeFi with all these incompatible networks. Oh, and here's the kicker – the $ZKL token, which is the native token for the zkLink ecosystem, is now available for premarket trade on Bitget! This could be our chance to get in early on what might become the backbone of a whole new era of DeFi interoperability. But I want to know what you all think. Are you buying into the zkLink Nova hype? Or do you think it's just another overhyped project promising the moon? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
us