Spread Charts - create and chart spreads of any asset on the platform.
Ability to create spreads of two different assets and chart them (also weight the spread legs to get the correct ratio for the pair would be amazing), TradingView has this functionality. Much of a portfolio managers strategies are long short portfolios and the ability to chart the spread between to assets and lay indicators such as RSI on the spread would be very handy.
- Be able to chart spreads of any and all assets offered
- Be able to weight the legs of the spread to create neutral and correctly priced spreads
- Add technical indicators to the spreads.
Auto Spreader - (trade the synthetic spread between products).
- Ability to create / trade synthetic spreads of two IG listed assets .
- Ability to weight the legs of the spread and trade them as one position on a chart.
- Place stops and take profit orders on the spreads.
- If a stop is hit, executes a closing market order on both legs of the spread.
Interactive Brokers includes this functionality, the ability to create spread combinations and then trade the spreads as one instrument with stops and technical indicators on the spread. TradingView has the ability to chart synthetic spreads and weight each leg correctly.
This would be a major step up in the pro game and would set IG platform apart from everyone in terms of PRO level features.