Position Close Suddenly before Stop Loss (with 'Net Off')

MrK88088

Hi,

Recently I had an encounter. My short position was closed before hitting stop loss.

I have BRK.B in Long, but decided to Short, but 'Net Off' was selected (didn't know what that was)...so anyway I have the following parameters set

Size:150

Level: 17450

Stop:17650

Limit:17050

All the above seems quite normal, but what happen was the price gap up, open high at 17495, but close at 17449.... I was puzzled ???? I had all the parameters set but why it close without hitting my stop loss... so I email IG Help Desk, but their reply is I hit the stop loss.... I am having a hard time understanding the logic... the only difference was the 'Net Off' which is to offset the size off my long position... but the order execution logic should still work the same... 

Can anyone explain to me why this could happen?

image.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Nostradamex
    Joined 24/01/22 06:13
    • Lunar New Year begins on 1st February. We expect affected markets to be closed on the following dates:   We will offer out-of-hours pricing on index futures throughout the period. We do not presently offer out-of-hours pricing on the Malaysia 30 or the Hong Kong Tech Index (marked with *). Any amendments to the schedule will be shown below.   Please don't hesistate to contact client services should you have any questions.  All the best. Ludwik
    • Looking good! If price declines into March and then bottoms on the 14th of March at the 30k level we will have a great opportunity to go long for new highs all the way into 2023! March 14th is the next cyclical turning point and a low on that day will signal a rally.
    • Weekly Buy the dip at 30K?