Order placing programmatically failing

Question

I am trying to place around 160 orders programmatically based on an algo. It allows around 85 mainly STOP orders and allows around 10 LIMIT orders. However if I manually use the IG Sample Application to place orders it sometimes lists it and sometimes gets rejected. I am unable to determine if there is some explanation for the same. Can someone assist?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    SY13
    Joined 13/07/20 14:31
    • I found a really good trade / market, waited until 2.30 when it opened to place the trade. Immediately placed the trade, then straight after I noticed the spread split had been increased to 10... I was p*ssed, I was in £112 deficit immediately. I'm going to wait it out, it must become a good trade, maybe that's why the commissions become high?... I hope so anyway.
    • Hi Can anyone please explain how I can place a limit trade out of hours. Nabtrade let me do it, but I cant figure IG out. cheers, Jimmy  
    • Ok folks , let's be honest here .  I am pretty sick of all the BS that goes around forums and youtube people claiming they are making millions  when the reality is they are sitting at home in their pants frantically checking IG every 3 seconds to see if the hole they dug themselves into getting any smaller. Up 50 quid and all of a sudden they are trading experts or nostradamus. Me: Up 15% on my share dealing but in reality its because its a bull market and I bought months ago. Spread Betting is about £1500 loss in 2 months  mainly because I am more wrong that right, rather than foolish trading. Although I did have a massive c@ck up by leaving a position open overnight and losing 900 in one go). Learnt what a guaranteed stop is after that!  My aim is just to break even by Christmas, learn a lot and by then assess if I can make a modest living from Swing / Day trading. I can dedicate  most of time to this as I am not working now.  Modest being 20% annually At this stage I am doubtful. I have read a lot, made a pile of notes but I am convinced most is just hot air /fluff, authors cherry picking charts and rehashing ago old indicators to show that they are experts, or **** out their training courses Still I will pursue it  for the next 6 months and make a final decision. At least now I am sensible with stops, never more that 1% on a trade and no more losses than 5% of current portfolio a month. Thus max possible loss is 26% in 6 months