Lack of customer service at IG

I am appalled at the total lack of customer service at IG. I am in Australia and I tried to phone the help line twice. Each time I waited for nearly half an hour each time without being able to talk to anyone. I've also sent an email to helpdesk.au@ig.com back on Aug 6th and am still waiting for a reply. Now I'm trying Live Chat and so far all the chat box says is "One of our experts will be with you shortly", which I believe are the exact words used on the recorded message when I tried calling on the phone. Unfortunately, it appears that my definition of "shortly" differs a lot from IG's. I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has had similar experiences. It actually feels as if no-one works for IG at all and I will be waiting forever to get some assistance. Surely there's someone from IG out there who is willing to help an Australian in desperate need 😞

This really isn't good enough. The only thing keeping me here are the amazingly low brokerage fees, but soon I will come to the conclusion that I would rather pay slightly higher fees and get some service, as opposed to...........omg, someone is now talking to me on live chat....it's a miracle!!!!!

• Great! 1

Er.....I owe IG an apology....I actually got a reply to the email and missed it. Sorry IG, I take back everything I said....although I did have to wait a long time on the phone.....but you're nowhere near as bad as I thought, so I'm sorry

• Great! 1