Rights Issue help

IAG has announced a rights issue and share holders can take up an “allocation” at 36% reduction to the price the shares closed last night 9/9. 
my question is how do I take up this offer when my shares are held in an account with you? Am I legible to take part? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barneydog1 said:

IAG has announced a rights issue and share holders can take up an “allocation” at 36% reduction to the price the shares closed last night 9/9. 
my question is how do I take up this offer when my shares are held in an account with you? Am I legible to take part? 

I would also like to know the answer please to Barneydog1 question.

waiting for same thing.. if anybody else have a link to this topic plz paste here

I am wondering the same, waiting for a response from IG!!!!

Could any of you see it in your accounts btw? I have seen somewhere else someone posted that they could see it in their accounts but I could not see it in mine :(

• Thought provoking 1

Hi I had two deals on international consolidation airlines both open (negative) but two more have appeared with orange dot . What am I meant to do? 

Guest TomD

Hi all - has anyone unearthed any info on this? I'm also wondering the same. 

I did come across this letter from the IAG Chairman: https://www.iairgroup.com/~/media/Files/I/IAG/agm-documents/en/chairmans-letter-uk.pdf - it doesn't answer the question per se but only further highlights that we appear to be in the 15 day window mentioned here: https://www.iairgroup.com/~/media/Files/I/IAG/press-releases/english/2020/Fully%20Underwritten%20Capital%20Increase%20to%20Raise%20Gross%20Proceeds%20of%202741%20million.pdf

Guest beginner

Hi Guys, any update on this IAG "rights issue"? I am beginner on share trading, and very confused with this right issue.

Today suddenly I have huge lose on IAG, the share price dropped 30%+. I was told it is to do with right issue. But surely I should get some sort of "compensation"? Maybe buying the "rights" at very low price? But so far nothing happens.

Hi Guys, any update on this IAG "rights issue"? I am beginner on share trading, and very confused with this right issue.

Today suddenly I have huge lose on IAG, the share price dropped 30%+. I was told it is to do with right issue. But surely I should get some sort of "compensation"? Maybe buying the "rights" at very low price? But so far nothing happens. Any hint?Anybody can help to explain what usually will happen when they do a right issue?

Edited by touchq
add more information

Just looked in my account, can’t see anything about it. I also have IAG shares in another account (not IG) and I had my option to the issue for those shares sent to me this morning. I have also sent a query to the help desk.

Guest I spoke with IG last fri

I was advised I’ll receive an email from corporate actions informing of three opportunities. Taking up the offer, trading rights, Not doing anything. Nothing as yet so they will be receiving a call from me tomorrow although Thursday is the first big day.

Hi I spoke to the help desk a couple of time’s. Today they confirmed we would be receiving an email today giving the option to take up Additional shares at the discounted price. It comes from IG not IAG as our shares are held in a nominated account. 

So, I’m in the same boat, the Helpdesk guy said the rights issue would appear in my account in a few days and I could either take up the rights to buy or sell the rights on market. I’m new to trading and would really like some advice on what my options are. Don’t really want to buy more shares but would really like to limit the loss I see on my account. I assume the rights issues won’t be priced high enough to recover the drop in value. 

Received this reply today!  I tried calling but no luck in getting through!!

Thanks for your email.

Please note the ex-date for IAG rights is 14th September. We will email further instructions to you today. Please call if you wish to trade the rights.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I haven't seen anything either. Some quick questions if anyone can help

1) what happens if i decide not to buy the rights issue?

2) What happens if we are not allowed to take part?

thanks. 

IG said they would be emailing clients today about the rights issue. Nothing received yet.

Guest IsH
6 hours ago, Simon3 said:

No, nothing for me yet

Any updates on the rights issue, have some iag with trading212 and already subscribed. Still waiting on email from IG

The rights issue position appeared this morning. I believe there is an email incoming where investors need to decide what they're doing in terms of taking up the position.

Mine appeared this morning as "International Consolidated Airlines Group SA (LSE) Rights Issue".  Quantity is the same as my shares up to 9/9. Avg price - 0. Says call to close.

Would like to know if there is anything I need to do to ensure these are eventually added to my standard IAG shares.

See the rights in my account, but no email from IG about it, like they typically do asking you if you want to take up the rights or do nothing or trade them.

Very weird one. Did they forget to send out the email this time or is it something else?

Edited by DSchenk

Taking up rights is typically for free. Lapsing them is of course for free.

Although trading the rights, might be subject to fees. I imagine the standard rates apply.

Question is if they apply the online rates (£8 / £3) or because you have to call in, you pay the phone rates, which are like £40.