I want to transfer some shares to my wife before selling them so that we can make use of her annual allowance for capital gains tax purposes. Am I right in assuming that the best way to do this is to get her to open her own account with IG and then transfer the shares from my account to her account? 

thanks 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    seeklove
    Joined 30/09/22 12:12
    • DAX, FTSE, GERMAN DAX INDEX, UK FTSE INDEX - TECHNICAL OUTLOOK: DAX has just broken out of a bearish pattern. FTSE is breaking below a multi-week range. What is the outlook and what are the key levels to watch? DAX TECHNICAL FORECAST - BEARISH DAX INDEX Weekly Chart   Chart Created Using TradingView   FTSE TECHNICAL FORECAST – BEARISH FTSE INDEX Weekly Chart     Chart Created Using TradingView --- Written by Manish Jaradi, Strategist for DailyFX.com
    • Many institution are benefiting from the increase , Bitcoin price keeps moving high , showing how promising it is
    • Hi @beck_l24 Thanks for reaching out,  When trading on a limited risk account you are required to place guaranteed stops on all of your trades. Using a guaranteed stop guarantees your stop level regardless of whether market gapping occurs. In the event of market gapping IG takes on the risk and will fund the slippage to guarantee your level. With this in mind when we perceive the market to be volatile we will increase min stop distances to reflect the level of risk that we are willing to take on in that period. Unfortunately you will not be able to avoid this on your account as it is expected behaviour when there is some volatility.  However you can reach out to helpdesk@ig.com.sg should you wish to enquire about upgrading your account from limited risk to standard. Standard account does not require guaranteed stops.  All the best,  Anda