Order closed without reason

Hi

I'm having trouble understanding why, when I place two orders, I get a second order closed rather than triggered.

So I have enough in my account with plenty of leverage left to cover any major swing in price.

I start by placing an order 2 pips above the current price, for example, and then a 5 pip target with a high stop loss.
If the trade triggers and then goes in the opposite direction I then wish to recover some of that loss by placing a second trade 2 pips below the current price with a 5 pip target and high stop loss. Once the second trade is triggered, IG just kicks out both trades. 

I'm lost as to why this is occurring as like I say, there is no issue with leverage or account balance. 

Same thing happened to me. I booked a loss of over 50$. 

My orders got closed only 2 seconds after I opened it without any reason. 

I have the screenshots of it. 

IG needs to reply to me otherwise I will have to go online and let everyone know. I had posted on Guaranteed stop page but they havent approved my post. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2020 at 17:05, Krantor said:

Hi

I'm having trouble understanding why, when I place two orders, I get a second order closed rather than triggered.

So I have enough in my account with plenty of leverage left to cover any major swing in price.

I start by placing an order 2 pips above the current price, for example, and then a 5 pip target with a high stop loss.
If the trade triggers and then goes in the opposite direction I then wish to recover some of that loss by placing a second trade 2 pips below the current price with a 5 pip target and high stop loss. Once the second trade is triggered, IG just kicks out both trades. 

I'm lost as to why this is occurring as like I say, there is no issue with leverage or account balance. 

Hey, 

Our working orders are force open (meaning we won't use a working order to close of an existing position. 

If you're confused as to why a position was close please reach out to us via email/ call and we can look into this and explain it to you. 

I can't give you the answer on community as it's specific to your account. 

All the best 

• Like 1
On 01/12/2020 at 21:49, Alirezaagha said:

Same thing happened to me. I booked a loss of over 50$. 

My orders got closed only 2 seconds after I opened it without any reason. 

I have the screenshots of it. 

IG needs to reply to me otherwise I will have to go online and let everyone know. I had posted on Guaranteed stop page but they havent approved my post. 

If you have a limited risk account and have to put guaranteed stops on your position, the market moves and hits your stop you will have to take on that loss and you have to pay the controlled risk premium (CRPREM). 

If you check the stops you set and you don't think the loss is still justified please reach out to us so we can go through it. 

All the best 

• Like 1