Email from June

VJJHC

What a sorry excuse of an email. Not only does it take several days for this to be sent but It contains no valid reason as to why GME and AMC have been blocked. Having the ability to sell and yet not buy isn't explained at all. You are disrupting my buying and selling.

Maybe don't blame your platform for its short comings and do something about it.

I will be moving over to Degiro and HL for my ISA as they aren't blocking clients trades and I recommend others do the same.

I'm not angry IG I'm just disappointed.

• Like 3

Apparently some platforms are saying it’s related to the increased amount of capital that is being demanded at clearing. Not sure if/how that would affect my share dealing account but it is. If it’s true that trading is restricted because there’s too much money required from IG as collateral in clearing it would surely raise a whole other set of questions. If false they have no reason to restrict trading surely?

I thought I would try IG again, but it is disappointing. When the markets moved very quickly before the weekend the IG platform crashed. The other platforms I use were seemingly unaffected by recent market turbulence. I can see no valid reason for stopping purchases of heavily traded shares when selling existing positions is allowed. The messages I receive from IG give me little reason to feel confident the platform will work properly when most needed.

Strangely I only got mine just a minute ago.

Utterly no different at all to the original Blog post about it. There is no "update" at all. There is no new information at all. It is merely the same **** but supposedly posted by someone with a C in their job title.

Still no TRUTHFUL information regarding the ban on buying, but we can still sell?

Does that make any sense to anyone, if indeed this is all about "not putting too much load on the PentiumII-286 server with 32Mb RAM we are running our servers on". Does BUYING somehow put additional strain on your poor, overworked, underpaid Co-Ax network that you appear to be running? More-so than selling does? I do not believe that for one second.

Still no information regarding how long this ban will last, and in the mean time the share price for all of us that hold stock continues to go down and we are unable to buy more stock at the inevitable lows. Tell me again. Who exactly does that benefit, except ONLY the over-extended HF's?

Can you understand the anger the confusion and lack of trust that this whole episode has instilled in us, your supposed existing customers?

Utter rubbish.

Edited by Deathers
  • Like 2