Stops on your share trading account

hijingo

Why don’t you allow stops on your share trading account when you offer it with CFDs

i have been a member since 2006/7 and find this very frustrating. I have traded futures/ oil/ currencies/ CFD. I had a break and concentrated on my property portfolio and I am back.  Am I missing something? Because I can’t seem to figure that out why not offer it. I might have to move to another provider. But would rather you offer it. It’s crazy trading with mental stop only! 

Edited by hijingo
Clarifying

On my share trading account I can place Sell stop orders (ASX Share trading), and I think when market opens you can place buy stop orders too.  But it would be great if the same deal placement could be used from the CFD account in the share trading account. 

40 minutes ago, Quacker said:

On my share trading account I can place Sell stop orders (ASX Share trading), and I think when market opens you can place buy stop orders too.  But it would be great if the same deal placement could be used from the CFD account in the share trading account. 

hi Quaker,

I can't and i don't know why? I am only trading ASX share on the ig markets share trading account and it does not let me place stops on it. I have never had any trouble with CFDs and i have been using the share trading account for 12 months, making more then 4 trades a month. easy 

27 minutes ago, hijingo said:

hi Quaker,

I can't and i don't know why? I am only trading ASX share on the ig markets share trading account and it does not let me place stops on it. I have never had any trouble with CFDs and i have been using the share trading account for 12 months, making more then 4 trades a month. easy  DO you thing it is because i am only using the standard account and have not changed to a limited risk account. I was reading under the tab client and account status, this is were i found the information possibly why i don't have stops. do you know if this is correct? 

27 minutes ago, hijingo said:

hi Quaker,

I can't and i don't know why? I am only trading ASX share on the ig markets share trading account and it does not let me place stops on it. I have never had any trouble with CFDs and i have been using the share trading account for 12 months, making more then 4 trades a month. easy 

1 hour ago, hijingo said:

hi Quaker,

That is interesting,  I can't test this as the market is closed but I think you need to select sell before the stop order is available? Selecting the order type first you will only see Limit (from memory).  You can save the stop order for daily or good 'til cancelled.  If I remember I'll pop back on in the morning.

image.png.da2cd8026479e3ccadafcde03256f02d.png

14 hours ago, hijingo said:

hi Quaker,

Just did a quick pre-market check and yes, the stop function only appears after selecting the Sell side.image.png.38e0b2cfb5773f2b1a1ae6dca3927f5c.png

Thank you so much. Quacker its funny how I  missed something like that!

Yes You are so right ! it only appears when the market is open and i use the mobile ap to do all my trading, I believed  the desktop was the only way to use the various stop and buy & sell orders, it was there all along. thanks i think you saved my bacon , if not now into the future.

Edited by hijingo