Over night fee's

Hello,

Could someone kindly explain for me,

I open a position for spot gold at price 1740 @ £10 pp BUY. No stops or limits set.

at 20:59 I log out of the platform at the position is 1720, a loss of 20 points.

what charges will I pay ?

Same scenario as above but this time a SELL 20 points in profit

Although I have been trading fro 4 years I have never left a position open over night or over a weekend.

Thank you in advance

44 minutes ago, Sunny Days said:

Hello,

Could someone kindly explain for me,

I open a position for spot gold at price 1740 @ £10 pp BUY. No stops or limits set.

at 20:59 I log out of the platform at the position is 1720, a loss of 20 points.

what charges will I pay ?

Same scenario as above but this time a SELL 20 points in profit

Although I have been trading fro 4 years I have never left a position open over night or over a weekend.

Thank you in advance

Hi, it’s relatively simple to work out. You need to look at the KID document for the instrument you’re trading.. think it’s on the platform when you click on the ticker and then under market info, at the top.

They work it out based at 10pm everyday and it’s based on the notional exposure. So whether you’re in profit or at a loss is irrelevant.. it would just be based on £10 x 1720 = £17200 notional. 

You get charged LIBOR plus a margin (usually about 2-3% per annum) and it depends on what the instrument is as to what the reference interest rate is.

Tbh you could go to the effort of working it all out but I would say just do it and you’ll see how much it is, it’s not a material amount for one night and that will give you the answer. I trade FTSE and it costs you about half a point, so if you’re £10 a point the cost would be around a fiver. It would probably be about a quarter of that for yours given gold is (1700/6800) around a quarter the value of FTSE, so I’d guess at somewhere between £1 and £1.50 a night without going to the trouble of finding out which interest rates they use for it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• If someone is interested, 2,4% for staking USDT  https://wizerpeople.com/?aff=Jowich  
    • Wizerpeople is a platform, which allows users to invest in private online and offline startups. Nowdays, there are more and more people who want to get into the investments market and make profits by investing in promising projects, but most of them do not have sufficient capital for large investments, so these investments remain risky. Wizerpeople solves this problem by providing an opportunity for small and intermediate investors to invest in private startups. Each user of the platform have an opportunity to register and invest in any provided type of business without huge investing xperience, signing documents or any special requirements. Investment and funding of private companies became so simple as never before with Wizerpeople. https://wizerpeople.com/?aff=Jowich
    • Another offers of a unique crypto loan service that stands out in the market due to several key features is already catching the attention of many. One of the primary unique aspects of Bitget's crypto loan service is its flexible borrowing options, allowing users to borrow various cryptocurrencies with different terms and interest rates based on their individual needs. This flexibility provides users with more control and customization over their borrowing experience. Additionally, the exchange crypto loan service is known for its competitive interest rates, which are often lower than traditional financial institutions. This cost-effectiveness makes it an attractive option for users looking to leverage their cryptocurrency assets without incurring high borrowing costs. Moreover,  platform is designed to provide a seamless and user-friendly experience, making it easy for users to manage their loans, track their borrowing history, and make repayments efficiently. The intuitive interface and comprehensive dashboard enable users to monitor their loan status and manage their assets effectively. Another unique feature of the exchange crypto loan service is its security measures, including robust encryption protocols and secure storage systems to safeguard users' assets and personal information. This commitment to security helps instill trust and confidence among users, ensuring a safe borrowing experience. I like to ask veterans PF in the community on what percentage of your collateral do you loan?
us