Direct Share Registration (DRS) for US stock

Ercam

Hi,

as a UK resident, what is the process which will allow me to directly register my shares of US companies?

the designated transfer agent for the companies in question is Computershare. I called them (UK branch) and got told that they can only register UK companies shares.

thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thought provoking 1
On 17/09/2021 at 10:05, Ercam said:

Hi,

as a UK resident, what is the process which will allow me to directly register my shares of US companies?

the designated transfer agent for the companies in question is Computershare. I called them (UK branch) and got told that they can only register UK companies shares.

thanks.

Hi Ercam, did you get any answers from support on this. I've had 2 replies. The first failed to even understand the question and the second suggesting I would have to transfer my shares to another broker.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IBKR is the way

@Ercam @robsy @dn

I have not found out how to do this via IG yet but I have moved some that I had in Interactive Brokers. So maybe we need to move to them from here and then on to ComputerShare

On 04/10/2021 at 03:44, Guest IBKR is the way said:

@Ercam @robsy @dn

I have not found out how to do this via IG yet but I have moved some that I had in Interactive Brokers. So maybe we need to move to them from here and then on to ComputerShare

Thanks,

How's their app for usability?

Any follow up for IG before I look at the transfer process? Won't want to keep multiple brokers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Montyfc
    Joined 03/12/21 13:03
    • The U.S. economy created far fewer jobs than expected in November, before a new Covid threat created a scare that growth could slow into the winter, the Labor Department reported Friday. Nonfarm payrolls increased by just 210,000 for the month, though the unemployment rate fell sharply to 4.2%, even though the labor force participation rate increased for the month to 61.8%, its highest level since March 2020. Full article: CNBC
    • This is simply not true: Pfizer: https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-data-preclinical-studies-mrna JNJ: https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-announces-that-janssens-covid-19-investigational-vaccine-candidate-prevents-severe-clinical-disease-in-pre-clinical-studies Moderna: https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-announces-publication-new-england-journal-medicine-non
    • Hi @Caseynotes Vaccination, not travel curbs, key to battling Omicron, WHO says. GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization (WHO) urged countries to boost healthcare capacity and vaccinate their people to fight a surge in COVID-19 cases driven by the Omicron variant, saying that travel curbs could buy time but alone were not the answer. Full article: investing.com, 3rd December 2021.   WHO chief scientist says Omicron 'quite infectious', must not panic. By Francesco Guarascio and Stephanie Nebehay, 3rd December 2021. source: investing.com (Reuters) - The World Health Organization's chief scientist Soumya Swaminathan told Reuters on Friday that while the new coronavirus variant Omicron appeared to be very transmissible, the right response was to be prepared, cautious and not panic.