Sign in to follow this  

Help please

Question

Hello all,

New to all this and recently bought a small amount of shares, just wondering will I receive paper confirmation in the post of my purchase??

3 answers to this question

Hi 

When you purchase shares with IG you are placing them with us as a nominee holder. That means that you will no longer require physical share certificates for your purchases, these will be available to trade online. This allows for swift buying and selling all at the click of a button and available on the move using one of our mobile applications.

Hope this answers your question, if you have any questions about how to use the web platform or sell your shares please contact us. Alternatively you can visit the education section of the website for tutorials on the platform by clicking here.

Thanks! 

Chris 

Hi there Chris or other moderator,

Just a follow up to 's question; who officially owns the shares then? The reason I ask is that I am interested in purchasing a parcel of shares that comes with entitlements to the holder (discounts and other benefits) but that is upon proof of ownership?

Kind regards...

Hi 

The shares are still officially owned by you. They are just held through us by our brokers in a nominated account in your name. You still retain ownership of the shares and we can also confirm your holdings via statements etc.

What you mentioned sounds like being interested in various Shareholder perks, which we are also able to arrange for you. Feel free to give us a call and let us know which shares you own that you'd like us to arrange this for, or if you have any other questions.

Regards,

SimonC