Lack of portfolio performance analysis

Hello, 

I am writing to suggest an improvement to the IG trading platform. Something that I don't understand why is not in place already.

The ability to analyse the performance of investments is extremely poor. All you can see is Unrealised profit per position and total portfolio profit which is market value - book value. I recently opened an account with Interactive Brokers and realised how more advanced they are with the tools to analyse the performance of my positions. 

They allow analysis of portfolio on different time periods (e.g 1 month, 3 months, YTD, 12 months), that is shown on time weighted and money weighted basis. All things that are extremely insightful. Then when you get a statement you select precisely the period over which you want that and it gives a detailed PnL summary showing fees, etc. 

None of the above is available for IG trading accounts which is why I'll also move to IBKR once I can transfer my ISA across. Clearly if such functionality is on the way very soon then I'll re-think. 

I am sure you have access to IBKR accounts to see the performance analysis tools you can get there. 

Cheers,
Plamen 

14 hours ago, Plamen said:

Hello, 

I am writing to suggest an improvement to the IG trading platform. Something that I don't understand why is not in place already.

The ability to analyse the performance of investments is extremely poor. All you can see is Unrealised profit per position and total portfolio profit which is market value - book value. I recently opened an account with Interactive Brokers and realised how more advanced they are with the tools to analyse the performance of my positions. 

They allow analysis of portfolio on different time periods (e.g 1 month, 3 months, YTD, 12 months), that is shown on time weighted and money weighted basis. All things that are extremely insightful. Then when you get a statement you select precisely the period over which you want that and it gives a detailed PnL summary showing fees, etc. 

None of the above is available for IG trading accounts which is why I'll also move to IBKR once I can transfer my ISA across. Clearly if such functionality is on the way very soon then I'll re-think. 

I am sure you have access to IBKR accounts to see the performance analysis tools you can get there. 

Cheers,
Plamen 

Hi @Plamen,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I have forwarded your suggestions to the relevant department to be reviewed. We forward clients feedback from the community on a daily basis in order to improve our platform.

All the best - Arvin