Level 2 data

anders

Question

Hi, I'm new to level 2 data on IG, but I was expecting a bit more from it.

When I view LSE shares in the Web or Android platform, I see 4 lines on the buy and sell side. When I view NASDAQ and NYSE, I get just one line of data (although there is space for 4), example below.

1. Is there a way to see more depth?
  2. Do I need to download level 2 dealer to get the best out of this?

Level II Apple.png

3 answers to this question

Hi  thanks for the new post!

Level 2 data will vary differently between exchanges.

With the LSE, you'll be able to see market depth and volume (which is the four lines you're referring to in your post). Via the IG web platform, this is the maximum amount of information that is displayed on the deal ticket, but you're absolutely right in saying that more information would be displayed on the L2 platform. If you see the below example for GSK, you'll see an example of the standard level 2 deal ticket.

GSK Level 2.PNG

In regards to other exchanges, DMA (Direct Market Access) is limited. To use your examples of NASDAQ or NYSE, market depth is not available so will only show the best bid and offer prices and their respective volumes.

I hope this helps, and please get back to us if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Rob

On 29/03/2017 at 21:13, RobertR said:

Hi  thanks for the new post!

Level 2 data will vary differently between exchanges.

With the LSE, you'll be able to see market depth and volume (which is the four lines you're referring to in your post). Via the IG web platform, this is the maximum amount of information that is displayed on the deal ticket, but you're absolutely right in saying that more information would be displayed on the L2 platform. If you see the below example for GSK, you'll see an example of the standard level 2 deal ticket.

GSK Level 2.PNG

Hi, Great update, this is just what ive been looking for, But i am struggling to find the above market information, would someone be able to shed more light on the above please, and let me know where to find this using IG as I as still laughing the platform and about day trading.

Many Thanks

Benjamin