Sign in to follow this  

Option trading

Question

Hi there, I have not been able to get a consistent answer from the IG support team, phone and email tell me different things.

I hold CFD and a Share Trading account both on IG with permissions to trade on the US market with my W-8BEN all approved and so on.

I want to write put options either on the NASDAQ or NYSE, but it is not clear to me if this works the way it is ment to or even have the ability to do so.

Does anyone else do this on IG or elsewhere? Love your advice on using this playform if it is possible and how ypu actually go trading and where you do this.

1 answer to this question

Hi ,

We offer Equity options in our CFD accounts, but please note that these are a phone dealing only product. You can both buy and sell options on a number of markets. For example; US, UK, European. Upon expiry these will always be cash settled and not stock settled.

Please see costs below:

US: $5 commission per lot, 1 lot = equivalent of 100 shares, minimum size 5 lots (dependent on option premium this can be less).

UK: £10 commission per lot, 1 lot = equivalent of 1000 shares, minimum size 1 lot.

Hopefully this answers your query! Any furthers queries please don't hesitate to contact us on our dealing line 020 7896 0000.

Thanks,

Michael