EA cannot place orders - [Off Quotes] error

NickS

Question

Hi. I have an EA I am trying to get working on my live account. I already have it working and trading successfully on my demo account, so I'm fully aware of all the platform settings required. However, on the live server I get an Order Failed error with [Off Quotes] as the comment. Having asked Professor Google about this, I have checked my internet (100MB fibre to the router with no connection errors) and increased the slippage setting in the EA to 7. Is there anything else I can try or is this an issue with the IG live servers? Thanks

2 answers to this question

16 hours ago, NickS said:

Hi. I have an EA I am trying to get working on my live account. I already have it working and trading successfully on my demo account, so I'm fully aware of all the platform settings required. However, on the live server I get an Order Failed error with [Off Quotes] as the comment. Having asked Professor Google about this, I have checked my internet (100MB fibre to the router with no connection errors) and increased the slippage setting in the EA to 7. Is there anything else I can try or is this an issue with the IG live servers? Thanks

Hi @NickS

In most cases, this error is an account related issue. We would need to confirm the size you are selecting to see if the margin required to open that position matches available funds. You would need to email helpdesk.en@ig.com for further details as we are unable to resolve account related issues on a public platform. All the best, OfentseIG

• Like 1