What actually happened to the Crypto world this week?

One of the world’s largest crypto exchanges, FTX, came very close to collapse yesterday, before being sent a support line from Binance for a merger. 

The two said that this was all to do with a liquidity crunch in the sector. IGTV’s Jeremy Naylor looks at the effect of this on all-sessions stock, Coinbase which saw its platform down as people wanted access to their accounts. Tie this in as well to gold, which climbed yesterday as its status climbed above cryptos as a market safe haven.

Bitcoin (BTC/USD) Drops 13% as Binance Back Out of FTX Acquisition

Bitcoin (BTC/USD) Drops 13% as Binance Back Out of FTX Acquisition

Nov 10, 2022 | DailyFX
Zain Vawda, Analyst

Key Points:

• BTC/USD Slides 13% to Post a New YTD Low.
  • Binance Backs Out of a Deal to Acquire FTX on Rumors of SEC and US Justice Department Investigation.
  • FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried Confirms a Shortfall of $8 billion to Investors.

Bitcoin (BTC/USD) Fundamental Outlook

The cryptocurrency space as a whole has experienced a tumultuous couple of days kicked off by fears around liquidity and solvency at FTX, one of the largest players in the space. The resulting impact has seen Bitcoin and a host of altcoins post significant losses as more information came to light including a letter of intent by Binance to acquire FTX. Bitcoin dropped as low as $15650 (November 2020 price) before rallying in Asian trade back above the $16000 handle. The largest crypto by market cap currently trades around the $16400.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 06/12/2022 at 17:53, andersrer said:

Yes, FTX has never been so close to losing everything. I think Binance has invested a lot in reviving it

Binance has already thought about buying the entire FTX. I can't understand why they doubt the profitability of such a purchase. After all, if FTX becomes part of their small network, they'll be able to think about the Binance metaverse. If I were an exchange owner, I'd most likely talk to experts about promising investments. Although FTX is still where I used to trade, I can consider it part of something new. At the moment, I like what I'm doing. I don't know what the secret of my luck is. I guess I'm always well-informed, thanks to signals and a telegram bot. I know cryptography news before my friends.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• ZK seems to have long-term potential in this space, Love that it's tackling Ethereum's scalability issues with zkRollups Super-fast transactions and low fees are game changers for DeFi. Plus, being able to trade ZkSync on Bitget's platform with their user-friendly UI is a plus for me.
    • The high APRs in May 2024 (especially for USDT, BTC, and ETH) are compelling evidence. It goes beyond just headline figures; it showcases the variety of projects with attractive returns. Beyond the immediate gains, I like how you cleverly point out the benefit of supporting new projects and the potential for growth as they gain traction. This adds a layer of strategic investment to using PoolX. Overall, this is a well-structured and informative piece that piques the interest of crypto enthusiasts looking for high returns and portfolio diversification.
    • Crypto enthusiasts seeking high returns on their digital assets should look no further than Bitget's innovative PoolX event. This platform offers a unique opportunity to earn attractive APRs by pooling liquidity for various projects, providing participants with a chance to diversify their portfolios and maximize their earnings. In May 2024, Bitget PoolX witnessed impressive APRs across multiple projects. The image shows that USDT APR soared to 75.48%, while BTC and ETH APRs stood at 35.09% and 31.46%, respectively. These remarkable figures highlight the potential for substantial returns through PoolX participation. Other notable projects included ONG APR at 25.76%, NYAN APR at 22.25%, and APU APR at 16.61%. Even lower-ranking projects like DAOT, HODL, KATT, WSDM, and UDS offered respectable APRs, ranging from 14.9% to 12.73%. The success of the exchange PoolX lies in its ability to facilitate liquidity provision for various projects, allowing participants to earn rewards in the form of attractive APRs. By contributing liquidity to these pools, users not only support the growth of promising projects but also benefit from the potential upside as these projects gain traction and popularity. Looking ahead, the exchange PoolX is gearing up to introduce even more exciting projects in the coming months. Participants can expect a diverse range of opportunities, spanning various sectors and use cases within the crypto ecosystem. By staying up-to-date with the platform announcements and participating in these upcoming pools, users can position themselves to maximize their earnings and capitalize on the rapidly evolving crypto landscape.  
us