Hi there - new to the IG platform.

I put an order in over the weekend for a US stock. The price was lower today (pre-market) so have cancelled the order and set it up again against the lower price. But when I try to confirm this newer order, it states "Order Rejected"... ?

There are sufficient funds in my account for this.

I Googled this and found some people have had to submit an online W-8BEN, but I also can't see where I might get this done.

Has anyone successfully been able to achieve the above, please, or know what I'm doing wrong?

TIA

- David

14 hours ago, DavidC said:

As a quick follow up... I found the W-8BEN form reg within Dashboard > Settings. - it all looks valid, but I'm still getting the Order Rejected message...

Hi @DavidC,

Typically, this error occurs when you opt for the expiry option of Day/Daily. To resolve this issue, please select the expiry option as Good till cancel (GTC). If you continue to encounter the same problem, kindly email us at helpdesk.uk@ig.com using your registered email address. We will investigate your account, determine the cause, and assist in resolving the issue.

All the best,
AshishIG
Take a quick poll and vote

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart TRON/ U.S. dollar(TRXUSD) TRXUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave ((C)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Details: Wave IV may be complete and the price increase again in Wave V. TRON/ U.S. dollar(TRXUSD)Trading Strategy: Overall, TRON remains in an uptrend. Moreover, it looks like the correction is over. And prices are rising again in the fifth wave. But there may be a slight pullback before increasing. So look for opportunities to join the uptrend. TRON/ U.S. dollar(TRXUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart TRON/ U.S. dollar(TRXUSD) TRXUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave ((C)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Details: Wave IV may be complete and the price increase again in Wave V TRON/ U.S. dollar(TRXUSD)Trading Strategy: Overall, TRON remains in an uptrend. Moreover, it looks like the correction is over. And prices are rising again in the fifth wave. But there may be a slight pullback before increasing. So look for opportunities to join the uptrend. TRON/ U.S. dollar(TRXUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum.       Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • Looks like, it's ready for a face melting run ...
    • Meanwhile,my HTF plan...
us