Withdraw money deposited in USD to British USD bank account

ArturG

Question

I have money deposited in USD and I would like to transfer them back to my UK USD bank account. But for some reason IG.can only convert them back to GBP and only then transfer them and I do not like it because then I am going to loose money when transferring them to my USD bank account. I think it is because my base account currency is GBP. Could someone please help me? Is it at all possible at IG?

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, ArturG said:

I have money deposited in USD and I would like to transfer them back to my UK USD bank account. But for some reason IG.can only convert them back to GBP and only then transfer them and I do not like it because then I am going to loose money when transferring them to my USD bank account. I think it is because my base account currency is GBP. Could someone please help me? Is it at all possible at IG?

Hi @ArturG, Indeed, we will need to convert and transfer the funds to your USD bank account because your account's base currency is GBP. If your base currency were USD, there would be no need for conversion.

All the best,
AshishIG