Voice-assisted trading

Although I don't use voice assistants, here are my thoughts:

1. How accurate is your voice assistant? For example if you say, "Sell 1 share of Apple," and it replies, "Sure, I can help you sell apples," that could be a problem.
  2. How fast is your hardware that supports your voice assistant? For example if you have a Bluetooth wireless earpiece connected to a device that, in turn, connects wirelessly to your broker-dealer's trade server, you have 2 layers of connectivity that are vulnerable to interference and likely slower than a straight high speed hardwired connection.
  3. I suspect that a one-click trading button, an assigned hot key, or an auto-trading algorithm running on a hardwired desktop are tough to beat.
Edited by JohnnyRy

Hi @JohnnyRy,

These are super interesting points you raise. Do you think it would improve trading efficiency of placing/executing a trade if a voice-assisted trading assistant was used in such a way?

Alternatively, do you think it would help with your chart set up on mobile devices?

I'm really curious to know the opinion of others on this topic... 

Thank you

Thank you for acknowledging interest in my reply.

1 hour ago, SandySouth said:

Do you think it would improve trading efficiency of placing/executing a trade if a voice-assisted trading assistant was used in such a way?

I believe it depends upon a given trader's strategy and preexisting method of placing orders. For example, simultaneously manually trading a basket of instruments could be daunting... especially if those instruments were in different markets and/or different trading platforms. It would certainly be easier to simply bark out, "Buy 1 standard lot of spot EURUSD at market price and sell 5 contracts of EURUSD futures at market price!" Having said that, I would want a voice assistant to operate at least with the speed of ChatGPT.

On the other hand, an auto-trading algorithm (bot) can send an order before a trader can say, "bot." Truth be told, this is how I actually trade. Also, manually trading a single instrument in a single market and in a single platform by way of one click or hot key is likely tough to beat. Everything has its costs and benefits, of course. In 2012, a professional quant (or quants) 440 million USD due to an algo error: https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19214294. Professional hot key traders have fallen asleep at the wheel and lost tens of millions as well. I haven't heard of any voice assistant errors... yet.

1 hour ago, SandySouth said:

do you think it would help with your chart set up on mobile devices?

I've actually completely avoided trading on mobile devices. What I do use a mobile device for, and why I don't trade with it is posted at:

I don't believe that implementing voice assisted trading will solve the wireless connection integrity issues posted in that thread.

I hope some more traders will reply to this thread if they have a real solution.

Edited by JohnnyRy
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2023 at 19:41, SandySouth said:

Hi Community, 

Are there any traders that use voice-assisted trading tools for their trading? How have you find the quality of the commands/tools itself? 

I'm interested to hear your experiences. 

Thank you for your help! 

I think this is possible from technology perspective.

but I'm concern on its reliability. so i will skip it in live trading.