API - Selling a PUT under the actual price

GGPound

Question

Hi, I'm using the API for the first time and I'm trying various thing.

I tried to sell a PUT in Barriers & Options account under the actual price but obviously it won't work (LIMIT_ORDER_WRONG_SIDE_OF_MARKET)

I tried with the follow code (using limits) and I also tried all combination of a MARKET open instead but it won't work to ("errorCode": "error.trading.otc.market-orders.not-supported-for-epic")

Thank you in advice for your help!

resp = ig_service.create_open_position(
        currency_code='USD',
        direction='SELL',
        epic='OP.D.OTCSPX1.4660P.IP',
        order_type='LIMIT',
        expiry='NOV-23',
        force_open='true',
        guaranteed_stop='false',
        size=1, level=4660,
        limit_distance=None,
        limit_level=None,
        quote_id=None,
        stop_level=None,
        stop_distance=None,
        trailing_stop=None,
        trailing_stop_increment=None)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• ASX: BLOCK INC. - SQ2 Elliott Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (1D Chart)   Greetings, Our Elliott Wave analysis today updates the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) with BLOCK INC. - SQ2. We confirm a trading opportunity when wave ii-blue is unfolded to push lower, then the focus will be on the push higher with wave iii-blue.   ASX: BLOCK INC. - SQ2 Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   ASX: BLOCK INC. - SQ2 1D Chart (Semilog Scale) Analysis   Function: Major trend (Intermediate degree, blue) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave 3-red of Wave (3)-blue Details: The short-term outlook suggests that wave 2-red appears to have ended, and wave 3-red is being opened to push higher. Increasing above the level of 122.67 would renews and significantly increases confidence in this outlook. Invalidation point: 103.84 Elliott Wave Analyst: Hua (Shane) Cuong, CEWA-M (Master’s Designation)         ASX: BLOCK INC. - SQ2 Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (4-Hour Chart)   ASX: BLOCK INC. - SQ2 Elliott Wave Technical Analysis ASX: BLOCK INC. - SQ2 4-Hour Chart Analysis   Function: Major trend (Minute degree, green) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave i-blue   Details: The further short-term outlook suggests that wave 2-red has completed in the form of a Double Zigzag, and wave 3-red is returning to push higher. Currently, it is subdividing into wave i-blue, and this wave i appears to be nearing completion, allowing wave ii-blue to unfold lower. Subsequently, wave iii-blue will likely return to push significantly higher. We will continue to monitor SQ2 closely and look for trade setups when wave ii unfolds. Invalidation point: 103.84       Conclusion:   Our analysis, forecast of contextual trends, and short-term outlook for ASX: BLOCK INC. - SQ2 aim to provide readers with insights into the current market trends and how to capitalize on them effectively. We offer specific price points that act as validation or invalidation signals for our wave count, enhancing the confidence in our perspective. By combining these factors, we strive to offer readers the most objective and professional perspective on market trends.   Technical Analyst: Hua (Shane) Cuong, CEWA-M (Master’s Designation).   Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, Binance/ U.S. dollar(BNBUSD) BNBUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Triangle Position: Wave ((E)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave 4 Wave Cancel invalid level: 508 Details: Correction in Triangle pattern before rising again in Wave 5. Binance/ U.S. dollar(BNBUSD)Trading Strategy: The short-term correction in Wave 4 with the Triangle pattern continues. in wave E before an increase in wave 5, so wait for the correction to complete to look for opportunities to join the trend again. Binance/ U.S. dollar(BNBUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum.       Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart, Binance/ U.S. dollar(BNBUSD) BNBUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Triangle Position: Wave ((E)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave 4 Wave Cancel invalid level: 508 Details: Correction in Triangle pattern before rising again in Wave 5. Binance/ U.S. dollar(BNBUSD)Trading Strategy: The short-term correction in Wave 4 with the Triangle pattern continues. in wave E before an increase in wave 5, so wait for the correction to complete to look for opportunities to join the trend again. Binance/ U.S. dollar(BNBUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum.       Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
us