Website technical issue? (not showing an open position)

CrabMonkey

Question

Hi, my Demo Spread Betting account is showing 'no open positions' since Friday night, even though I know I do currently have one open. The Profit/Less amount at the screen top does show up the correct amount for the open position (in US Crude Oil).

I know this market is currently closed for the w/e. However, usually I do still see my open positions, even when their markets are closed for trading. A technical glitch?

Thanks for any help.

3 answers to this question

17 hours ago, CrabMonkey said:

Hi, my Demo Spread Betting account is showing 'no open positions' since Friday night, even though I know I do currently have one open. The Profit/Less amount at the screen top does show up the correct amount for the open position (in US Crude Oil).

I know this market is currently closed for the w/e. However, usually I do still see my open positions, even when their markets are closed for trading. A technical glitch?

Thanks for any help.

Dear @CrabMonkey,

Welcome to the IG community and thank you for your post.

Please note that the position exists in your demo account. Kindly use the following troubleshooting steps:

For iOS & Android

1. Log out, force close the app and then log back in.
2. Ensure that your app has been updated to the latest version.
3. Ensure that you are using a good stable WiFi connection or 4G mobile data. Try switching between the two network services to see if it could be a temporary issue on either connection.
4. Delete the app and do a fresh installation of the app.
5. Restart the mobile device.

For the Web trading platform: 

1. Log out and then back into the platform.
2. Clear the browser cache and refresh again.
3. Try another browser.
4. Try the browser's incognito (private) browsing mode.

All the best,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

22 hours ago, CrabMonkey said:

Thanks for any help.

@CrabMonkey,

Just an update on this, please note that we have recently been made aware of an ongoing issue affecting the demo environment. Our technical team is currently busy investigating the issue, and we do not have an estimated time of resolution. However, please be assured that we are working diligently to get this resolved as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

• Like 1

- KoketsoIG

1 hour ago, KoketsoIG said:

@CrabMonkey,

Just an update on this, please note that we have recently been made aware of an ongoing issue affecting the demo environment. Our technical team is currently busy investigating the issue, and we do not have an estimated time of resolution. However, please be assured that we are working diligently to get this resolved as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

Thanks for your update. I'll now just await the fix. I'd already tried the steps in your first reply so did assume it must be a site problem.

The Sell/Buy prices are still updating fine, as too is my Profit/Loss amount that relates to the open position. Since however it's not showing in my Positions window, I'm unable to edit stops or close the trade. Nor is the charting working for the open position (US Crude Oil). 

Hopefully the open position will move in my favour whilst awaiting the fix 😉

• Like 1