Overnight financing not updating on Demo account

Overnight financing is not correctly updating as I would expect on the 2 trades I have open currently, should be receiving a credit each day on both positions? I’ve not received anything on the trades for Monday? Am I missing something here or is there an issue with updates on the demo account?

54 minutes ago, ManMath said:

Overnight financing is not correctly updating as I would expect on the 2 trades I have open currently, should be receiving a credit each day on both positions? I’ve not received anything on the trades for Monday? Am I missing something here or is there an issue with updates on the demo account?

Hi @ManMath,

Welcome to the IG community!

I wanted to let you know that our technical team is aware of the issue affecting demo accounts. They are currently investigating the problem, but we don't have an estimated time for when it will be resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, ManMath said:

Overnight Funding has stopped updating again on demo accounts I've had no overnight Funding applied this week Monday 15/01/24 or Tuesday 16/01/24. When will the issue be corrected?

Dear @ManMath,

Hello! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your demo account. To get this resolved, please reach out to our helpdesk at helpdesk.uk@ig.com. They will be able to assist you further and raise a ticket on your behalf. Thank you!

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

• 1 month later...

Overnight Funding has stopped updating again on demo accounts I've had no overnight Funding applied for last week 04/03/24 to 08/03/24. why does this keep happening every couple of months? This issue doesn't give me great confidence to have a real money account with the amount of times this has occurred in last 5 months.

If overnight financing isn't updating on your demo account, it may indicate a technical glitch. Contact customer support for assistance, ensuring accurate tracking of costs and balances. Prompt resolution ensures an optimal trading experience and prevents discrepancies in simulated trading activities.

• Thanks 1

The overnight financing is updating again for this current week. It's just irritating that this keeps not working 3 times in the last 4 months. I can just add to the balance to compensate for the last weeks missing carry interest which is quicker that contacting support and having them adjust something that should just work in the first place. Once this bug is fixed it should just automatically run and work, I can't understand why it's stopping every month or so. I can understand they don't want to put much time into the simulated trading software as they're not making any money or commissions, but it just needs to be approximately correct and not completely stop working randomly.

It's possible that there could be a delay or issue with the overnight financing updates on your demo account. Double-checking with your broker's support team or checking their platform's help section could provide clarity. Sometimes, these updates may not reflect immediately, but if the issue persists, it's best to reach out to your broker for assistance.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Whether you receive overnight funding for your open positions may depend on a number of factors, including market conditions and your broker's policies. However, if you have not received funding for your positions, it may be worth contacting your broker's support team for clarification.

• Like 1